Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

The Last Supper (Read 639 times)

Hoodoo Guru

for those who RSVP'ed: Shall we rename this the Last Supper? Dinner will be at 5 pm at Savarino's Cucina, 2121 Belcourt Ave. 37212 We were hoping to serve some fried Flying Monkey, but the owner would not risk sending any of his staff out to try to capture one. Instead we will serve Spaghetti with Meatballs, Penne with Broccoli and Garlic, and Gemelli with roasted zuccini, squash, eggplant, roasted peppers and balsalmic vinegar. We have space reserved for 70, upstairs at this quaint restaurant. Food will be served buffet style. $10 per person plus $1 tax. Plus appropriate tip. BYOB. $3 cork fee for wine, or $3 per six pack of beer. Because the owner wants one payment rather than trying to run 70 debit cards, we are asking everyone bring cash which I will collect as you enter. This restaurant is located one block from the Vanderbilt University campus. Parking is on the street, and in a couple of lots. You may have to walk a little bit from your car. See attached link to map. Within 1/4 mile of the restaurant are sports bars, coffee houses, brew pubs, dive bars and other restaurants. Please e-mail back if you have any questions. My cell phone number is (615) 714-7158 if you are lost, missing in action, or have questions while you are in town. Remember, bring cash. I am not an ATM machine (although my daughters think so.) There are ATMs within walking distance of Savarino's. http://tinyurl.com/MonkeyDinner Dallas Planning fine dining experiences since November 2008

The tangents are moot.

http://www.tinyurl.com/MonkeyDinner Wasn't linkable. Blame Trent.

Anyone up for sharing wine? Normally, I wouldn't mind polishing off a whole bottle or so, but not driving, let alone driving in a city I don't know, and it being the night before a marathon. That being said, how is wine procured in the volunteer state? Can I buy it in a grocery store? Can I buy it within walking distance of this restaurant? (In Pa. The Man runs the show and you must go to His store and His store only.) I'd be willing to either chip in or arrive with a bottle. Oh hell, I'll probably just bring a bottle to be sure. Ooh, I just had a "gut drop" that I'll be running this damn thing.

The Thunder

I will be bringing wine and drinking wine. I will gladly drink some of yours.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Hoodoo Guru

Wine is sold at liquor stores here. You will pass at least one between packet pickup and Savarino's.

The tangents are moot.

Thanks, or rather, cheers.

The Thunder

I'm making a formal request that all you fake people (people not from Nashville or "Internet Folk") show up wearing a T-shirt or name tag with your RA screen name. This will make things much easier. Thank you. Note to dallas....bring name tags. Seriously. And a pen.

Hoodoo Guru

Note to dallas....bring name tags. Seriously. And a pen.
                  Why? Surely everyone will recognize you from your avatar.

The tangents are moot.

The Thunder

Why? Surely everyone will recognize you from your avatar.
                    Well yeah....I'll be the super hunky buff guy there with the stick to beat all the ladies off. But how will I know who's who?

Oh Mighty Wing

Well yeah....I'll be the super hunky buff guy there with the stick to beat all the ladies off. But how will I know who's who?
                      if you wore the spandex it would be clearer.

The Thunder

if you wore the spandex it would be clearer.
                        Ahh but people will know who I am. I won't say how...but it will be obvious!

I'm making a formal request that all you fake people (people not from Nashville or "Internet Folk") show up wearing a T-shirt or name tag with your RA screen name. This will make things much easier. Thank you. Note to dallas....bring name tags. Seriously. And a pen.
                          I agree...this is a great idea. I was just telling Schneider yesterday that I imagine him as a big black man.

The Greatest of All Time

I agree...this is a great idea. I was just telling Schneider yesterday that I imagine him as a big black man.
                            Everyone knows what I look like.
                            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Oh Mighty Wing

mee too!!!

The Thunder

Everyone knows what I look like.
                                The gay looking guy in the Keney Chesney necklace? Some of us have even met you!