Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Monkey Mini? (Read 889 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

TRC got me thinking...

From another local marathon:

Country Music Mini Marathon

Experience all the Rock ‘n’ Roll Fun with a Shorter Run!

Get a taste of what the St. Jude Country Music Marathon & ½ Marathon presented by Nissan is all about.  This Nashville tradition has changed the running landscape in Music City over the past 13 years, but there are still plenty of locals and visitors who have not experienced the excitement of the event.

Now is Your Chance.

Set the pace for the marathon and half marathon as you will be the first to hit the course. Feel all of the excitement of 26.2 miles in just 2.6 miles. Live bands and cheer teams on the course, and a rockin’ Finish Line Festival.  All Mini participants receive a free ticket to the post race concert featuring Rodney Atkins and Gloriana.

Already signed up for the Full or Half Marathon? Get your spectators involved!  Sign them up for the Mini Marathon and they can run and then meet you at the finish line.  It’s a great way to enjoy all the race day benefits together!

Register Now

By the Numbers

• Distance: 2.6 miles
    • 1,500 participant capacity
    • Course time limit: 60 minutes

*subject to change

"run" "2" "eat"

bless your heart.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

As long as you have a concert  featuring Rodney Atkins and Gloriana (whoever they are), why not?

NO.

But you should totally do an 11.2 race.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

11.2 would be a Saturday race.

I think.

Needs an additional RD tho.

Hoodoo Guru

The real mini-Monkey would be the 1.8 mile loop.  How many water stops would you set up for that? 

The tangents are moot.

Elly.

I think.

You are crazy. 

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

Maybe even this  - From LetsRun

I think.

Why?

and...

Why?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why: Because I don't want any more people at the start on Sunday, least of all wimpy half marathoners.

Why: Because I am fully tapped out.

"run" "2" "eat"

what are you talking about -- there are like, 6 or 8 people at the start every year. what's the big deal, lucille?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

First of all, a half marathon on that course would not be whimpy. You realize you have to run a lot faster in a half than a marathon, right? I think it'd be pretty painful to run half marathon pace in PWP.

The whole RD thing makes sense though. Maybe R2E would like to be the RD? Big grin

Kalsarikännit

Maybe even this  - From LetsRun

Cheap rip-off of Holi without the possibility of samosas.  

Dammit.  Saturday beer mile since everyone is together.  That's where the bragging rights are.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Holi is better known for Bhang than Samosas.  Maybe Samosas stuffed with Bhang

Hoodoo Guru

First of all, a half marathon on that course would not be whimpy. You realize you have to run a lot faster in a half than a marathon, right? I think it'd be pretty painful to run half marathon pace in PWP.

The whole RD thing makes sense though. Maybe R2E would like to be the RD? Big grin

I'm sure Trent is just kidding.  It would be easy for him to race direct the 11.2 while he's putting the mile markers out for Sunday.  Or he could do it instead of joining you for your traditional Pizza Perfect lunch.

The tangents are moot.