Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Monkey Training (Read 729 times)

JakeKnight

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Oh Mighty Wing

Well...you're a little older, a little larger framed, and a little less experienced. Those things count too as far as recovery goes. I don't think recovery has solely to do with old and young.
      You did that very nicely! haha You are right - I'm 25, 5'9 153 lbs, and been running 1.25 years. I think that was my point - that it can't be all about age otherwise the 2 years between us would mean I'd still be recovering pretty close to what you are and I just don't believe that to be true.
        Yes, that's the glory of it all. It's not like your run-of-the-mill stomach event where you start feeling sick, worry for a while, feel sicker, and slowly descend to the point of no return. This is immediate, unexpected, stunning. Glorious.
        So if the post-Monkey celebration is glorious...it'll look something like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o36AyatzG6g&feature=related
          You did that very nicely! haha You are right - I'm 25, 5'9 153 lbs, and been running 1.25 years. I think that was my point - that it can't be all about age otherwise the 2 years between us would mean I'd still be recovering pretty close to what you are and I just don't believe that to be true.
          Ignore Thunder and JK. I didn't mean to be offensive with the larger framed comment. Roll eyes

So if the post-Monkey celebration is glorious...it'll look something like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o36AyatzG6g&feature=related
            HAHAHAHA thats my favorite episode

HAHAHAHA thats my favorite episode
              Yeah - the "Hold my ears" is pretty funny Big grin Hey are you doing the Manchester Triathlon Saturday? You probably told me but I forgot.

Oh Mighty Wing

Ignore Thunder and JK. I didn't mean to be offensive with the larger framed comment. Roll eyes
                oh I know you didn't. I put my stats out there for those who can't tell from my picture that I'm clearly bigger than you are. And shiiiiit I lost 10lbs since the beginning of July! I wore pants, yesterday, that I haven't worn in 3 years!! Who cares if you are smaller I'm HOT!! hahahaha Big grin
                JakeKnight

Don't ignore us. Pity us. And forgive us. We're men. Obviously well-trained men. We've learned through years of experience that such comments coming out of our mouths usually lead to torture and torment. Also, this conversation can't continue without somebody pointing out a couple obvious things: namely, Shannon's boobs. She has them. That may have bearing on your discussion. Or not. But being a man, it seemed pertinent to me. Please continue.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

Imminent Catastrophe

A friend of mine once explained those that puke at the finish are runners with strong minds. They see a goal, they accomplish the goal, goal accomplished = okay to puke.
                    Hatfield & McCoy Marathon, 2005. Winner finishes and immediately spews Candices all over the finish mat. Nice.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Why is it sideways?

Who cares if you are smaller I'm HOT!! hahahaha Big grin
                      Not to mention you have boobs.
                        Yeah - the "Hold my ears" is pretty funny Big grin Hey are you doing the Manchester Triathlon Saturday? You probably told me but I forgot.
                        I'm not. I'm doing a preview of the Music City course on Saturday...set up by my lovely coach.

And shiiiiit I lost 10lbs since the beginning of July! I wore pants, yesterday, that I haven't worn in 3 years!! Who cares if you are smaller I'm HOT!! hahahaha Big grin
                          You go girl!!

Not to mention you have boobs.
                            This is sad, but true.

Oh Mighty Wing

This is sad, but true.
                              Hey my boobs are not sad - they are beautiful! haha But you wouldn't like them because they "sag" or something! Tongue