Letters & Opinions

Back in the saddle SUNDAILIES (Read 22 times)

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

I’m finally feeling well enough for a run today, and that’s what I did. Four miles through the neighborhood in perfect 55 degrees. I’m teaching BODYPUMP™ in about an hour, and then it’s back to my dad’s house to sort through more junk.

It feels great to be alive!

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

DW and I are in Tromso, Norway - where I walked by the world’s northernmost McDonald’s. I did not go inside, so I am counting that as a win.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

HobbitLegs

elevenses

4 easy miles, a little less creaky than yesterday.

RunJasonRun

Three miles around the lake before going to see Adam Ant tonight

I am so used to starting the Sunday thread that I accidentally started a redundant one earlier.

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

shu_runner

Yoga on Draft at a local brewery to celebrate a friend’s birthday.

DavePNW

Last night I gathered together a handful of folks from my running group who also have Chicago backgrounds; we put on our Cubbie blue and went to see the Cubs beat the Mariners 4-1. It was a lot of fun even though of course way past my bedtime.

8 recovery miles. Came back to DW’s homemade apricot oatmeal scones. Yum. 63 miles for the week. Looking forward to the next 2 weeks of taper.

Three miles around the lake before going to see Adam Ant tonight

I was a big fan BITD, I saw him live about 40 years ago. It was a great show, in a ballroom-type venue, and my friend and I were pretty close to the stage. IIRC, opening act was the Romantics, the one-hit wonder that gave us “What I Like About You.” MTA: my apologies, two-hit wonder, with “Talking in Your Sleep.”

Dave

pcolajen

kind of a big deal

Peloton 45 mins/12 miles

RunJasonRun

I was a big fan BITD, I saw him live about 40 years ago. It was a great show, in a ballroom-type venue, and my friend and I were pretty close to the stage. IIRC, opening act was the Romantics, the one-hit wonder that gave us “What I Like About You.” MTA: my apologies, two-hit wonder, with “Talking in Your Sleep.”

I loved Adam Ant circa 40 years ago, but I was only in elementary school at the time.  I did see him in 2019 and was amazed.  Tonight's double punch of Adam Ant and The English Beat will be a good time.

I remember The Romantics quite well.  I always liked "Talking in Your Sleep" better than "What I Like About You."

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

DavePNW

I loved Adam Ant circa 40 years ago, but I was only in elementary school at the time.  I did see him in 2019 and was amazed.  Tonight's double punch of Adam Ant and The English Beat will be a good time.

Ooh nice, I was a fan of theirs back when you were in elementary school too!

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran 3 miles on the track this morning, and have spent the rest of the day trying to keep myself occupied while not staying on my feet.

<3

hog4life

24 miles in the midday sun/heat, I should have went earlier!

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Ninety minute ride.

Ten minute "EZPZ" run.

Beautiful day out.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

n a m

1stBrn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unicrn

An hour on the trainer. It was supposed to be two hours but TR had an adaptation that I missed.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Baseball practice where I ended up running a bit more than usual (at 1pm, in full sun) then a 4 mile hike with Duncan.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18