Letters & Opinions

L&O Karma Thread (Read 911 times)

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

Holy shit.  Anyone else listen to the podcast Serial back in the day?  Adnan Syed is out of jail.

Did HBO do a thing on him? I think I may have seen that. I never heard the podcast. I can’t remember the details of the case. Can anyone provide a short version? I’m too lazy to Google.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Yeah, HBO did a thing on it too.  He was accused of murdering his high school girlfriend at 17 years old.  The case was botched all over the place from the very beginning.  Main witness was a huge liar and couldn't keep anything straight.  Adnan has claimed he's innocent for 23 years.  No idea if he's actually innocent or not, but they definitely didn't have enough evidence to convict him back in the day.  The whole case is super fascinating.

Running is dumb.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I’m at a country club in Oklahoma called “The Patriot Club,” decorated to match the name.

….at a gay wedding reception for my cousin.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I’m at a country club in Oklahoma called “The Patriot Club,” decorated to match the name.

….at a gay wedding reception for my cousin.

I ::heart:: this.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

craig_c98

Embrace the suck

I finally quit drinking for good - now I drink for evil

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Dear God.  She's right to never go back there again.

They rebooked her for April. And they are pressing charges against the asshole that nearly killed her.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Yes! Picking up the beer and drinking it was badass.

I'd be afraid I'd catch MAGA.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I'd be afraid I'd catch MAGA.

A lot of people in her twitter feed recommended getting testing for COVID or herpes.

#artbydmcbride

Tulsi Gabbard is no longer a Democrat!  Color me shocked

Runners run

n a m

1stBrn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unicrn

Tulsi Gabbard is no longer a Democrat!  Color me shocked

Who?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Who?

The Russian agent.

Sorry that doesn't actually narrow it down very much does it ?

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

DavePNW

Sometimes we order groceries online and go pick up. If they are out of something, they may just give you nothing or they may substitute a similar item. I am not sure what geniuses are making the decisions on this, but we ordered pumpkin pie spice and they substituted Italian seasoning. That is going to be one interesting pumpkin pie.

Dave

n a m

1stBrn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unicrn

It would only be fitting if the person setting up your delivery ordered Italian seasoning and got pumpkin spice in return. 🤣

Sometimes we order groceries online and go pick up. If they are out of something, they may just give you nothing or they may substitute a similar item. I am not sure what geniuses are making the decisions on this, but we ordered pumpkin pie spice and they substituted Italian seasoning. That is going to be one interesting pumpkin pie.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.