Letters & Opinions

L&O Karma Thread (Read 911 times)

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

We've had rentals for 20+ years. Everyone we've every talked to advised that we run screaming away from section 8. It looks good on paper, but isn't worth the hassle. Perhaps since you have the property manager running interference,  it might work. Do they have actual experience with it? If not, I'd pass.

They do have experience, although they said they rarely do it due to low credit scores. But in this case, they’re saying that her credit score is good 🤷‍♀️

#artbydmcbride

Can you do your own reference check?  Why is she leaving her current rental?  I would be worried they are blowing smoke at you.  Are Section 8 folks able to be evicted if it comes to that?

Runners run

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

Can you do your own reference check?  Why is she leaving her current rental?  I would be worried they are blowing smoke at you.  Are Section 8 folks able to be evicted if it comes to that?

The person I’m working with says she’s going to talk to the current landlord and find out why she’s moving and what kind of tenant she was/is. I don’t have any info on her yet, so I can’t check anything out on my own. The property management place is supposed to be on top of this shit since that’s what I’m paying them for. Who knows, maybe she’ll look at my house and not want it. The bedrooms are really small, which is always the only complaint, but there’s nothing I can do about that.

Village people

I just know it as the thing Klinger was trying to get on MASH.

This was my first thought.

Baboon

delicate flower

Got an appointment in an hour to send Bloo off to doggie heaven.  She's almost 14.  Old age got her...she can barely do anything and won't eat.  It's time.  Sad

<3

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Condolences, Babs.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

n a m

1stBrn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unicrn

Sorry Babs. 😞

She’s lovely.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

alywheel

Aw, pretty Bloo! I’m sorry, babs.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Every time I hear about someone needing to say goodbye to their dog, it's like a punch in the gut.  I'm sorry, Babs.  I loved seeing photos of Bloo over the years.

Running is dumb.

DavePNW

Farewell Bloo. Such a good doggo. 

Dave

Tar Heel Mom

kween

So sad and sorry, Babs. Bloo is a beauty.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Oh I’m so sorry, babs. Sending lots of love to you and MBC.

StepbyStep-SH

I'm so sorry, baboon. She is lovely, and so obviously loved.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Village people

Oh no, I am so sorry.

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

RIP, Bloo. Sorry Babs. You and the Mrs have her a great life.