Letters & Opinions

L&O Karma Thread (Read 911 times)

DavePNW

Dave

DavePNW

I was today years old when I learned that the monkey wrench is called that because it was invented by a man named Charles Moncky. The more you know.

MTA: and I was only 5 minutes older when I learned from Wikipedia that story was widely spread but is completely made up. Dammit.

Dave

Village people

I was today years old when I learned that Dave uses Wikipedia as a reference. SMH

DavePNW

I was today years old when I learned that Dave uses Wikipedia as a reference. SMH

Oh yeah I use it for everything. Find me a more reliable source of information!

Dave

Village people

Oh yeah I use it for everything. Find me a more reliable source of information!

Do you remember Librarian Runs? That was her pet peeve.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Wikipedia = great starting point for a high level summary.

Such as what is the difference between the Bofors 40mm L60 and the 40mm L70 that was recently sent to Ukraine.

It never ceases to amaze that what was the world standard anti-air gun since the 40s is with upgrades still being manufactured today.
              It was/is just SO good at its job.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

DavePNW

And there is usually as much depth as needed on most subjects I'm interested in. And they exhaustively cite their sources, so you can always see where the info is coming from.

I don't remember Librarian Runs - maybe before my time? Meaning a long time ago.

Dave

n a m

1stBrn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unicrn

And never to be used as a reference in written work on a University project.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Do you remember Librarian Runs? That was her pet peeve.

I remember. Drove her nuts.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

StepbyStep-SH

Or high school,  but DS does go to the cited sources for research projects.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

I tapped out of a trail race in Wyoming a few years back at a very remote spot. One of the volunteers was heading out and offered to give me a lift. She had just retired as a University librarian and we spent a good chuck of the drive discussing Wiki.

She was also a bird watcher and we stopped numerous times so she could check out a bird, and give me the 411 on what we were looking at. This was on a primitive road which paralleled the Little Bighorn river and a few times I thought we were heading in

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Village people

I gave up carbs for Lent so tonight I made a lasagna with cabbage instead of noodles. I have been on a cabbage kick lately.  It was really tasty but not at all heavy.

n a m

1stBrn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unicrn

I tapped out of a trail race in Wyoming a few years back at a very remote spot. One of the volunteers was heading out and offered to give me a lift. She had just retired as a University librarian and we spent a good chuck of the drive discussing Wiki.

She was also a bird watcher and we stopped numerous times so she could check out a bird, and give me the 411 on what we were looking at. This was on a primitive road which paralleled the Little Bighorn river and a few times I thought we were heading in

She sounds interesting.  Years ago I would run across bird watchers on the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge when I worked there with the biologists during YCC in high school and following on as a firefighter during my first attempt at college.  The couple I ran across at Uluru were equally as passionate.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

DavePNW

Based on multiple conversations here, this is absolutely true. 

Dave

It is definitely true in or home.

I am not the racoon.

Based on multiple conversations here, this is absolutely true.