Letters & Opinions

What's making you happy today? (Read 338 times)

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

Taking a much needed mental day from work. I wasn’t feeling great yesterday, and I’m much better today, but I still called in sick because I think my tummy issues were stress related. I felt great yesterday after several hours of total laziness. I want more! I’m sure Woodszi enjoys the extra company too, even though he sleeps all day (like I did yesterday).

Sat in on High School Senior presentations yesterday.

As a condition of graduation Seniors have to present to a panel of community members.

Theme was to tell us their plans post HS graduation: Employ, Enroll, Enlist and how they plan to achieve. Absent that, what was their fall back

The format (and grading rubric) was similar to a job interview:

Would you hire them on the spot (exemplary)

Would you hire after doing a few reference checks (proficient)

Would you not hire (did not meet standards)

While different than others I've sat in on and graded in the past, it was fun, informative and encouraging.

Our community panel was myself (controller), a credit union HR manager and a health care team manager.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

#artbydmcbride

What an awesome idea.

Runners run

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

I am beginning to think that gumbee is a pillar of his community. Which is so off-brand for the L&O.

Seriously, sounds like a great idea.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

Village people

That is a very interesting idea. I like it. Very practical and makes the kids think. Our high school has a fairly involved senior project that includes an applied piece and a 20 min presentation. DD is doing hers on how social media affects your political opinions.

I am beginning to think that gumbee is a pillar of his community. Which is so off-brand for the L&O.

Assuming pillar is Latin for a$$hole, then yes.

It would then be on-brand for L&O

StepbyStep-SH

Just when I'm ready to strangle him, as his senioritis is pushing the boundaries of actually passing his fourth quarter classes, DS came home and asked to take me to dinner Friday night for a late Mother's Day / early birthday celebration since last weekend was all about his birthday.

Damn perimenopause emotions. 🥰🥲

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

They don't want me to broadcast this or share it on social media yet, but you guys are pretty antisocial, so...

Specialized has a program called "Riding For Focus" where they grant bikes and helmets for schools to start bike clubs.  Like, around 50 bikes, IIRC (presumably base Rockhoppers, but still).  I applied.  We got it!  Bike ridin' is coming to Mabschool!

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

That's pretty awesome, mab.  Congrats!

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

They don't want me to broadcast this or share it on social media yet, but you guys are pretty antisocial, so...

Specialized has a program called "Riding For Focus" where they grant bikes and helmets for schools to start bike clubs.  Like, around 50 bikes, IIRC (presumably base Rockhoppers, but still).  I applied.  We got it!  Bike ridin' is coming to Mabschool!

WHOA.  That's so freaking cool!!!

Running is dumb.

alywheel

Congrats, mab!! That’ll make some kids happy!

hog4life

That is so awesome!

Tar Heel Mom

kween

That’s great, mab!

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Village people

That is awesome, mab!

I applied.  We got it!  Bike ridin' is coming to Mabschool!

My dude, that is great