Letters & Opinions

FSocks Mesquite Canyon 50K (Read 109 times)

gusgordon

Rehab is for sissies.

+1 JUST RUN THROUGH THAT SHIT.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Confirmed:  Goal #2 met.  I was not DFL, I placed 44th out of 66.   Roll eyes

Geez, look at all those people behind you. All that wasted energy staying ahead of them that you could have spent in the aid stations eating and drinking.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Good job, but I still love MmmmmmmMandy the mmmmmmmost.

SheCan

Soooo cool!  I didn't know anybody else from here had ran this race also.  Anyway you beat me by about 15 minutes.  Love the pictures you've included, they really show what the terrain was like.  Yikes at those bees!   I'm so glad I didn't see them.  Sad to learn though that the course was short! LOL  Oh well, at least we're real ultra runners now, and what a trail to learn on!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Looks awesome, except for the bees!

Congrats on your first ultra.

Ultra Cowboy

I wondered why you were hanging out at the Trailer Trash group.  Well done.  Tough course.  You have some great trails to run there.  I predict you will be drawn to more.

WYBMADIITY

Save

kaleidoscopeEyes

Wow, congratulations!  Screw that last mile.  I'd say it all evens out considering the the warm Mountain Dew, that hill shit, loose "melon sized" rocks, bee swarm dodging and boulder climbing?!  I mean, WTF kind of race is this anyway?  I'm surprised one of those cactuses didn't suddenly come alive and...SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER!...start chasing your ultra ass.

beycist

inappropriate.

Nice nice, but the mt dew probably would have been cold if you hadn't taken your time getting there... =P

Grand Canyon > Goat Canyon...so when are you heading north?

You suck -- Arie 3/08/14

RunJasonRun

Dude!

So sorry I'm late reading this report.   This 50K looks like all sorts of awesome, and I'm in love with the elevation chart.

It's common for ultra races to be slightly off with the mileage, and it's usually of no concern to most involved.  Once you complete trail course with those climbs, you're golden whether it's 30 or 31 or whatever.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.