Land of 10,000 Lakes

Congrat Hermosaboy (Read 314 times)

Looks like you hit your goal # this weekend. Congratulations!
    And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
    HermosaBoy

Thanks Jeff!!! I ran the exact race I planned. Unfortunately, a lot of speedy old guys showed up to push me further down in the Masters division that I had hoped. Oh well, nothing to complain about!!! Big grin

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Thanks Jeff!!! I ran the exact race I planned. Unfortunately, a lot of speedy old guys showed up to push me further down in the Masters division that I had hoped. Oh well, nothing to complain about!!! Big grin
        was the weather ok? what's next?
        And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
        HermosaBoy

A little warmer ( and more wind) than I had hoped for. What's next? Hard to say. My training partner wants to take a shot at 2:3X:XX at Chicago, but my son has his last trip to Alexandria for the Meet of Champions that weekend. I know where my priorities are, but I could do both. I do know that I might have had a bit more in the tanks yesterday. The plan was as follows: 6:25 for the first 5 6:20 for the next 5 6:15 through 20 See what you got for the last 10k Last 10k was faster with the exception of mile 23 when I walked through a water stop to get two cups and still came in with 6:21... So, with a bit more training, etc. -- I think the sub 2:40 isn't out of reason -- just gotta get my head around it. What's next for you?

Rob

HCH

Wow, nicely done!

Only 26.2 miles more to go.

A little warmer ( and more wind) than I had hoped for. What's next? Hard to say. My training partner wants to take a shot at 2:3X:XX at Chicago, but my son has his last trip to Alexandria for the Meet of Champions that weekend. I know where my priorities are, but I could do both. I do know that I might have had a bit more in the tanks yesterday. The plan was as follows: 6:25 for the first 5 6:20 for the next 5 6:15 through 20 See what you got for the last 10k Last 10k was faster with the exception of mile 23 when I walked through a water stop to get two cups and still came in with 6:21... So, with a bit more training, etc. -- I think the sub 2:40 isn't out of reason -- just gotta get my head around it. What's next for you?
              Love the plan. Yeah, the "what ifs" never get mentally resolved from a negative split even though the times inevitably improve. Sub 2:40? Man, you are not far away. Just a slight breath of more speed. So close. So close. My goal is 2:26 for a fall marathon (unsure which). I'm planning to run-through every race 'til that point. The # scares me a little, but hoping a fast HM-30K will resolve the trepidation. Just need to train smarter and a little nicer weather would sure help. How's your son been racing?
              HermosaBoy

He hasn’t raced much this winter. He was gearing up for the half at Houston, but had a BAD day. Here are his comments from the race: This race was pretty much two different races, went out really competitively then shin splints set in, due to bad shoes and poor warm up. About 4 miles in, had to stop and walk, dad passed by and told me to drop out, I wouldn’t do it -- I could never forgive myself for it. Kept it going, and eventually came back and did fine. I’m giving myself two grades here for this First 5 miles: F-- Last 8.1 miles: B+ to A- He was shooting for a big PR, but ended up running 1:21:06 – not bad with miles 3 – 5 as follows: 6:38, 8:02 and 7:12. I think this is still his 3rd fastest half ever. He did run a 4:41 last week at Meet of Miles with essentially no true speedwork. So, I think he is coming along. My younger one ended up finishing top 50 overall in the 5k down at Houston too. A good weekend for the HermosaClan!

Rob

A good weekend for the HermosaClan!
                  No doubt!!!