Land of 10,000 Lakes

Anyone....Land of 10,000 Lakes Group (Read 142 times)

AllenCaldwell

So is this group done?  No new posts since late last year.

Goals:

1. Sub 23:00 5k

2. Double 2011 mileage (800+ miles)

3. Run 3 HM and 1 Trail HM

4. Just...Run...

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

I've been looking in every once in awhile. 

So .... now that the hot weather is winding down, anybody planning some fall races?  I'm down in LaCrescent MN (across the river from LaCrosse WI).  Getting ready to run the Oktoberfest Maple Leaf half marathon.  Oktoberfest is always big fun.    

Tim 

AllenCaldwell

Well...good to see someone post.

I'm hitting up all the Lifetime Fitness Trail Races, the Salomon Autumn Series, probably the Muscle Milk Woodsy (@ Murphy) and then down to Mankato to for another Half.

I live in Shakopee, so the Minneapolis/St. Paul stuff is easy, but grew up in Mankato area, so always will head back there.

Also thinking about Rock'n Roll Las Vegas...since I have relatives there.

What's up with you?

Goals:

1. Sub 23:00 5k

2. Double 2011 mileage (800+ miles)

3. Run 3 HM and 1 Trail HM

4. Just...Run...

City of Lakes 25k....

I look in when someone posts...which is almost never Smile

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

Living down here by LaCrosse, I end up doing most of my races in Wisconsin.  

Sept 10 - Doing a HM back in my hometown of Elroy WI ... goes on a railroad bed / bike trail with a old railroad tunnel.  Kinda fun. 

Sept 17 - There is a 5k here in LaCrescent ... An EXTREMELY hilly 5k.  Starts a mile from my house, so just gotta do it.   

Sept 24 - Oktoberfest Maple Leaf HM - starts and ends on the parade route for the LaCrosse Oktoberfest ... definitely a fun weekend.  Should come on down.  http://www.laxymca.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=421%3Amaple-leaf-home&catid=110&Itemid=94

Training with a group aiming for a full in FL on Dec 10.  I've got a family obligation on that weekend, but am looking for something around that timeframe.  Worse case I'll have a start getting ready for a Spring marathon.     

Tim 

Hey, I'm new to running and thought it'd be good to chat with a few local runners. Smile I see the forum isn't exactly bursting at the seams with new posts, but at least there are some people who check in every once in a while.

I'm Shannon, grew up in Bloomington but live in Minneapolis. I took up running as a way to deal with the stress of full-time school and part-time work. I also wanted a change in lifestyle after recovering from an ED -- I figured that if I began an active lifestyle, the last part of recovery would fall into place. So far it's been working. I started running regularly in July.

Current goal is improving my pace. Ultimate goal is competing in a 5K.

5K: 33:21 (2013)

obiebyke

Hi Shannon! I grew up in Minneapolis and I'm back here after living a little here, a little there. How's the running going? Your log's open but there's nothing on it? What 5k are you considering? I think I'll probably do the Big Gay Race in a couple of weeks.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Obie,

The running is going well so far. Big grin I've been thinking of doing the Pitch-In for a Kitchen being put on by Metro Deaf School. However, I'm not sure enough about my ability to keep up quite yet... I've been meaning to log my runs on the site, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I keep track with Runkeeper. Unfortunately there isn't a way to easily export run data from that app to this website. Undecided

obiebyke

Pffft. It's a run/walk for a good cause. No such thing as keeping up--you just have to finish on your feet. I say do it!

That is true. The point isn't necessarily to "win it". Just to do your personal best.

By the way, I've updated my log. It's interesting to see trends and quantified progress.

obiebyke

Wow, your running is really improving quickly! Have fun. I officially registered for the Big Gay Race. We'll see how it goes. It'll be a big social event, so I'm going to try to relax and just have fun.

Ah thanks! And good luck at the Big Gay Race!

obiebyke

I'm now registered for the inaugural Turkey Trot 5K in downtown St. Paul and the Polar Dash 10K on New Year's Day. Anyone else have local races coming up, or are you still recovering from marathon weekend?