Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23292 times)

Slow and Steady

Hi all, just did my 5th MAF Test today (meaning, after 4 months doing Maffetone), and am pleased to be seeing some results again after a couple of discouraging months. I think you guys are right, volume is the key! You can see all my MAF Test stats on my training log (in a note), but check this out:

1st month, ran 22.5 hours (79 miles): improved by :34/mile

2nd month, ran 19 hours (64 miles): dropped by :05/mile

3rd month, ran 15.75 hours (64 miles): dropped by :23/mile

4th month, ran 26 hours (101 miles): improved by :23/mile

Eric S.

Trail Mix ||| dailymile ||| RA log

Goals: 50km, 50-miler, 100km, 100-miler

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats. I added the countdown clock to my summary page. Thanks.

Hi all, just did my 5th MAF Test today (meaning, after 4 months doing Maffetone), and am pleased to be seeing some results again after a couple of discouraging months. I think you guys are right, volume is the key! You can see all my MAF Test stats on my training log (in a note), but check this out:

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

BeeRunB

WTG, Eric.

TODAY:

1:30:00

6 miles

with 45:00 MAF test

Improved since last 45 minute test. Still not back completely from the dip caused by the change in diet. A little more to go, then a long way to go past that point. One step at a time!

--Jimmy

BeeRunB

Cut a long run to 30 minutes today.

I was so slow at the same HR, and feeling tired.

Up late working on the new Crusted Salt.

You might get a kick out of this one.Good advice.

--Jimmy

glad to see that volume helps Wink

I just got an easy run done at 8:20 pace at the HR that was my calculated MAF when I started running 4 years ago. love improvements!

to everyone, happy running!

Cut a long run to 30 minutes today.

I was so slow at the same HR, and feeling tired.

Up late working on the new Crusted Salt.

You might get a kick out of this one.Good advice.

--Jimmy

LOL @ the crusted salt Big grin

hope you'll be feeling better next time!!

labhiker

Great Crusted Salt

Getting soft and decided to run indoors this morning.  8F with colder windchill.   TM 9 miles, 1%, 120 bpm average, WU/CD

Hope things warm up for the weekend and look forward to getting back outside

labhiker

Slow and Steady

Had a great near-3-hour run this morning, average pace 14:39 (well, a 14:26 if you take out the 2.5-minute PBJ/water break I had in the middle). When I did a 3-hour run about 6 weeks ago (with fewer hills than today) I averaged a 15:49 pace. I was feeling great, enjoying running (I was able to keep running even at the end) and glad to come to just shy of 30 miles this week. I feel like it's finally starting to click!

Eric S.

Trail Mix ||| dailymile ||| RA log

Goals: 50km, 50-miler, 100km, 100-miler

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1st run in a week. 12 miles HR 135 /184. AVG pace 13:26. Monitor malfunctioning.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey, guys.  Back at running post surgery.  Did 4 miles at 150 so a bit higher than MAF.  I need to get back on the Maf track.

But it felt very nice to be out there again.

Damaris

Chasing the bus

Way to go everyone! Glad your back on your feet Demaris.

Five miles tonight, first run since thanksgiving I didn't have to keep telling myself "just a little further". I finally enjoyed a run, and finished my week at 25 miles. The back/sciatic has been feeling better too. I'm also swapped to night shift this week, that usually throws me off, but doing ok so far...

Have a good week all!

John

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                        Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Damaris,Good going. Easy back.

3 miles. HR  monitor needs a battery. Starting the week on the 1st day instead of the 7th day.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

5 miles HR 122 /128. A 13 minute pace was a struggle.Recovery day tomorrow.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

90 minutes

130-153bpm

continuing with anaerobic phase

npaden

2.18 miles - brisk walk - 14:47 pace.  Collarbone felt okay.

Thinking about trying to jog tonight on the treadmill.  I need to average 5.25 miles a day for the rest of the month to keep my 100+ miles run each month streak going past 24 months.  Long term health is more important though so if I think I'm jeopardizing the healing process, I'll go back to walking.

Age: 50 Weight: 224 Height: 6'3" (Goal weight 195)

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)