Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23292 times)

I knew it was going to be slightly obscure, even though most runners have heard of the guy, I know they don't always remember his name. Still, I went with it! Crusted Salt can be educational, too! Thanks for reading it, Ron.

TODAY:

Rest and recovery, though was very active with the usual home chores. Sleep is still off since the clock change.

--Jimmy

LOL again funny Crusted Salt. Smile I had no problem understanding it without the commentary. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, how did you like Puerto Rico? It's on our list.

TODAY:

Cruise intervals 6x.25 miles

Slow, but invigorating. I've been so busy, and I've been taking lots of unintended off days.

But such is life.

--Jimmy

New Crusted Salt

That's where I am from.  You must go.  Just let me know when and I'll have recommendations.  As to the race, I did the full last year and it was in May (super hot and humid, even worse than Miami).  This year was in March so it resembled Miami weather (hot and humid).  It's a nice race.  So go for the race as well. 

I biked yesterday and did 7 at 147HR on the TM this morning.  I still have a cold so the going has been a bit tough but nice.

Damaris

Slow and Steady

I've done two 8-mile runs here while at this conference I'm attending (in northern Thailand). I ran one (Wednesday) at a 13:38 pace and the other (this morning) at a 13:39 pace. (My last 5km MAF test in early March was a 14:08 pace.)

Next MAF test is next week. Should be a good one! Smile

Eric S.

Trail Mix ||| dailymile ||| RA log

Goals: 50km, 50-miler, 100km, 100-miler

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

LOL again funny Crusted Salt. Smile I had no problem understanding it without the commentary. Smile

I will never claim the award for the brightest blub in the room.

6 miles walking  drizzle. Recovery not complete.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did 8 miles last night at 156HR but that included strides.  Did 10 today with hubby at 141HR .

Damaris

Slow and Steady

Nice long run this morning! Got up at 2am for a 20+ miler. Ran MAF (average HR 127) for the first 8 miles (at a 14:14 pace), then ran the rest at a regular jogging pace off MAF (12:02 pace). For the first bit my HR was high 140s, and then the last bit my HR was high 150s. The last 3.5 miles or so, I pushed it and was happy to find I still had some energy to do so (11:06 pace)! Feel pretty good overall. Feet hurting a bit (shoes) and hips a bit (old?), but no other complaints. Happy day!

Eric S.

Trevi

Still going with the MAF.  My distances aren't great tho

Distance: 9.21 kilometers
                Duration: 1:09:04.61
                Pace: 7:31 / kilometer

Heart Rate: Average: 119 / Max: 126
                runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6 easy miles. Felt better today. HR 118 / 136

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did a higher than MAF workout with 6 miles on the TM with hill intervals.  It came up to 150HR and my MAF is 148 so not bad considering my legs were tired!  I did 11.58 miles on the bike with hubby this afternoon at 130HR as well.

Damaris

BeeRunB

WTG, everyone, especially you, Damaris!

TODAY:

82 minutes

6 miles

with short cruise intervals

7 x .25 mile reps at LTHR (88%MHR)

On the comeback trail. Making progress.

--Jimmy 

BeeRunB

Recovery day!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, Jimmy!

Did 4.25 miles with hubby at 130HR on Monday and 8 GA miles with 10 X 100m strides yesterday at 154HR.  Not bad for a "speed" work session.

Today, a bike ride, weights, or nothing at all.

Damaris

Slow and Steady

So today was my MAF test day. I was hoping for good things as I had a nice month of continued progress and I wasn't disappointed! Check it out (including my previous MAF tests as well):

Oct 31 Nov 30 Jan 5 Jan 31 Mar 3 Apr 3
                            Kilometer 1 8:19 8:10 8:04 8:28 8:42 7:44
                            Kilometer 2 8:45 8:49 8:26 9:01 8:33 7:43
                            Kilometer 3 9:26 8:44 8:51 9:05 8:38 7:44
                            Kilometer 4 9:23 8:55 9:13 9:12 8:53 7:56
                            Kilometer 5 9:34 9:00 9:20 9:18 9:04 8:08
                              45:26 43:38 43:54 45:03 43:51 39:15
                            Pace (min/mi) 14:37 14:03 14:08 14:31 14:08 12:38

I think this confirms the importance of volume, as I had a record month of 31 hours total. It's also possible that the couple of anaerobic workouts I've had in the past couple weeks have given my legs a little spark. I was especially pleased to not only break the 8-minute kilometer barrier but to break it in all but my last kilometer! After my MAF test I ran another 5km (also at MAF) and still managed a decent 12:57 pace. One more month to my marathon!

Eric S.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Well, afternoon!

Did 12.25 miles this morning at 150HR.  A bit too fast for MAF (148) but I wanted to keep the Pfitz' HR ranges while being able to stay close to Maf.  Good enough.

Damaris

BeeRunB

Morning!  Well, afternoon!

Did 12.25 miles this morning at 150HR.  A bit too fast for MAF (148) but I wanted to keep the Pfitz' HR ranges while being able to stay close to Maf.  Good enough.

Awesome, Damaris!

Good to see.

TODAY:

I'm still recovering from my first attack on the yard. My legs are never sore from running, but I spend three hours working in the yard, and they're toast for 3 days.

SO I walked yesterday and today, instead of running.

--Jimmy