Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris**what marathon are you running?

10.7 miles HR115 / 125. Reached my 40 mile week. Just need to not to 35 miles of it on the weekend.

Surfer's Path in Santa Cruz. This weekend.

Breathing is not at 100% but I had a nice 6 at MAF.

Damaris

RunpowerMax

Surfer's Path in Santa Cruz. This weekend.

Breathing is not at 100% but I had a nice 6 at MAF.

Did you ever consider training your inspiratory breathing muscles with the Powerbreath?

Max

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did you ever consider training your inspiratory breathing muscles with the Powerbreath?

Max

I have never heard of that!

Damaris

RunpowerMax

It is great. I train with the K5 (since end of 2011) but that one is really expensive there are other cheaper devices to start with :-) Just google Powerbreath and you will find something about it. Maybe it can help you as well

BeeRunB

Powerbreath....that's what my wife calls mine in the morning.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

8.5 mile. Battery dead in monitor.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

8.5 mile. Battery dead in monitor.

I hate when that happens.  I sent my husband to Batteries Plus to buy a bunch last time I had this issue.

Hi, guys.  I did Pilates and 4 miles at 150HR yesterday.  A bit humid (100%) due to the storms, but otherwise good.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Pilates  and stength training I will start back this week. Arthritis in the elbows makes stength training  difficult..

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

walking MAF test

Did a 45:00 test. Pace improved by 32 seconds since last test.

Yay.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

walking MAF test

Did a 45:00 test. Pace improved by 32 seconds since last test.

Yay.

WTG!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

12 miles. Uploading issues.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

...well I've recently introduced extreme lowHR runs. extreme, for me anyway. Smile actually it happened on its own, for some reason - no doubt the hard workouts contribute to that - I'm having days where my legs just automatically find this lowHR pace/turnover. 70% maxHR or even lower Smile

my record low HR run: 9th May, 9:58 pace, 137 HR: below 65% of maxHR Smile = 180-age-16!! (44mins total)

another cool one but I think this one had an additional supercompensation effect: 3rd May, 8:59 avg pace, 144 AHR (4.5miles 40mins), 68% maxHR

this Saturday I also did the "extreme lowHR" under pretty normal conditions (no supercompensation): 9:21 avg pace, 141 AHR (3miles 28mins), 67% maxHR

at 180-age HR without adjustments (153 HR) I'm currently having runs at 8:20-8:30 pace 

with adjustments (+5bpm = 158 HR  Wink , pace is around 8 minutes/mile 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

...well I've recently introduced extreme lowHR runs. extreme, for me anyway. Smile actually it happened on its own, for some reason - no doubt the hard workouts contribute to that - I'm having days where my legs just automatically find this lowHR pace/turnover. 70% maxHR or even lower Smile

my record low HR run: 9th May, 9:58 pace, 137 HR: below 65% of maxHR Smile = 180-age-16!! (44mins total)

another cool one but I think this one had an additional supercompensation effect: 3rd May, 8:59 avg pace, 144 AHR (4.5miles 40mins), 68% maxHR

this Saturday I also did the "extreme lowHR" under pretty normal conditions (no supercompensation): 9:21 avg pace, 141 AHR (3miles 28mins), 67% maxHR

at 180-age HR without adjustments (153 HR) I'm currently having runs at 8:20-8:30 pace 

When was your last MAFF test.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

C"aerobic machine"MON

Keep going, C!

Awesome!!!!!

ME:

1 mile MAF test

Improved over last running test by a minute. I haven't run since the last test (about a month), and have been just focusing on walking and yard work. I find if walking pace at the same HR improves, so does my running pace at MAF, even if I'm not running (except to test).

Enjoy the weekend.

--Jimmy

When was your last MAFF test.

whatever HR you take as my MAF HR......?

I do most of my recovery runs at the originally calculated 180-age HR, meaning, I regularly run at this HR. as I said, I get paces of 8:20-8:30 running at this HR.

though if I was to use the 180 formula, I would have to add 5bpm, I don't run at that slightly higher HR zone so regularly.

hope this answers your question, if not, do let me know what's unclear Smile