Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Mine's not uploading either.   I was going to just do an easy 3 as TRX destroyed my legs yesterday, especially my adductors, they are pretty sore.  30 minutes in  I felt good so I went for 6, still felt good and didn't want to make the turn back to my starting point, So I did another loop to get 8.      I ended up doing 10 miles in 1:46 and change, most below MAF till a couple of hills towards the end when I started feeling the miles.    I consider this a huge step for me to be able to run for over an hour and a half on sore legs, even though the soreness was from jumping and squatting, and jump squats, and weighted jump squats, and split squats, and jumping split squats.   Yeah, it was brutal.   The best part was the weighted coiled rope push (think pushing a sled). Smile

WTG!!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Goal 6 hours or 25 miles which ever came first. 25.2 miles in 6:17. Run time 5:.5:43. 6 miles in I knew it would get ugly. The plan was to do 5 mile out and back circuits. No energy. The house became the fueling stop on 2.5 mile out and back.Ramen noodles at 15.5 miles did the trick. Pace went from 13:50 to 13:20. Mile 24** 11:23. HR 125 /149

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Runslowalksalot

That's tough!!!   one of these days I'll be there!

Rebuilding. I had reached a point where legs didn't feel fresh, and running wasn't progressing. I felt BLAH. Stopped beating a dead horse. During the run portion last night, my legs actually felt fresh for the first time in a long time. I've also been super busy, and this feels right.  One good thing is that I'm not putting on weight, despite less time on my feet. Usually I pork up like a cow on hormonal feed. 

I see. you know, I also used to overreact to such issues. back in 2010-2011 I didn't know how to handle these problems.. losing time that way. and then at the beginning of 2012 was my last such time of overreacting, I practically took off weeks. but, I felt I lost much more time with that than what was absolutely necessary. since then, I figured out that I only need a couple of days of either rest or very easy running. then a few days later the legs are not so "shot", but still not fresh enough for my liking, so then I do a run that includes about 1.5-2miles long of moderate pace (+WU +CD) and then my legs are basically revived after that run. as a result, no loss of fitness and I'm back on track.

actually, I've even learned to avoid running into these issues. I found what patterns of load/rest work for me. it's of course no good to have too many hard workouts but apparently the truth is more complex than that. for me, too many of relatively easy runs can drive my legs into a hole deeper than hard workouts because with hard workouts it's easy to notice right away if it's too much. the easy runs at high volume are overloading in an insidious fashion. at least for me. of course that too has a solution.

anyway... I hope it helps. it's probably individual what helps to get someone back on track but I'm pretty sure a whole month off is overkill.

Goal 6 hours or 25 miles which ever came first. 25.2 miles in 6:17. Run time 5:.5:43. 6 miles in I knew it would get ugly. The plan was to do 5 mile out and back circuits. No energy. The house became the fueling stop on 2.5 mile out and back.Ramen noodles at 15.5 miles did the trick. Pace went from 13:50 to 13:20. Mile 24** 11:23. HR 125 /149

6 hour run? wow

BeeRunB

I see. you know, I also used to overreact to such issues. back in 2010-2011 I didn't know how to handle these problems.. losing time that way. and then at the beginning of 2012 was my last such time of overreacting, I practically took off weeks. but, I felt I lost much more time with that than what was absolutely necessary. since then, I figured out that I only need a couple of days of either rest or very easy running. then a few days later the legs are not so "shot", but still not fresh enough for my liking, so then I do a run that includes about 1.5-2miles long of moderate pace (+WU +CD) and then my legs are basically revived after that run. as a result, no loss of fitness and I'm back on track.

actually, I've even learned to avoid running into these issues. I found what patterns of load/rest work for me. it's of course no good to have too many hard workouts but apparently the truth is more complex than that. for me, too many of relatively easy runs can drive my legs into a hole deeper than hard workouts because with hard workouts it's easy to notice right away if it's too much. the easy runs at high volume are overloading in an insidious fashion. at least for me. of course that too has a solution.

anyway... I hope it helps. it's probably individual what helps to get someone back on track but I'm pretty sure a whole month off is overkill.

Thanks for the advice, C. 

This past week or so:

I've walked a ton, covering about 50 miles in the last 6 days.

Feeling okay.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6 hour run? wow

December's 100 will be close to 32 hours Smile

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

December's 100 will be close to 32 hours Smile

crazy 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  back from Chicago where hubby and I ran the 13.1 Chicago. I paced him so I was well below MAF.  I did 8 miles yesterday after a day of smoke from the fires making Miami, Broward, and Palm Beach counties unbreathable.  HR was 150.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job on the 6 hour run, Clay!

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

3.6 mile walk on two hours sleep.

Damaris - if you can keep going with  asthmatic attacks I surely can.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

3.6 mile walk on two hours sleep.

Damaris - if you can keep going with  asthmatic attacks I surely can.

Haha.  But I'm sure you'll do better than THAT!

Did 5 X 800s last night and, although my asthma was a bit there in the first two, they went really well.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

A little sleep makes a big  difference.

Hill repeats. 0.18 mile

2 mile WU

3 mile hill repeats

1 mile CD

Tomorrow I will know how the knee reacts to hill work

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

7 miles HR 125/ 169. pace13:15. Did not walk the hills.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi!  Did 8 miles on Thursday at 149MAF, but only because it was in the mid 90s and super humid that I exceeded MAF.  13 miles yesterday at below MAF.  Right now is 97F (heat index) and 77 dewpoint, so I have 9 miles tonight and I'm thinking TM.

Damaris