Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23292 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

23 miles HR 124 / 167. 5:40 minutes. Nap time.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

BeeRunB

23 miles HR 124 / 167. 5:40 minutes. Nap time.

Nice, Ron. You'll be hungry all day!

Miss those long runs.

TODAY:

1:00 run

30:00 walk

Building up running ever so slowly.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

10.3 mile + 3.2 walk. HR 124 / 144

Need 10.5 miles to make the week. 13 to make the day.

13.5 miles day

61 mile week

Highest weekly total.

Weekly total surpassed age

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

labhiker

I've been sidelined for the past three weeks with an inflamed knee.  No running or activity, simply RICE.

Nice to see everyone's training is going well.

I'm pleased to report today is my first day back.  I took it easy with some very light work at a HS track.  2.5 miles at sub maf.  Nothing special other than a very controlled and slow return to training. My knee is far from perfect however felt good enough for a short MAF shuffle.

Have to start somewhere, right?

Today will be a good test to see how my knee reacts and whether its time to get back on the roads.  I'm hoping all goes well and its back to base building and a slow buildup of time/ distance.

labhiker

RunpowerMax

@labhiker: good to read you are back!

I just returned home from Scotland. Obviously the combination of lingering fatigue, the bad air quality and the hot day made this my worst MAF test ever. Really really bad, I could not even keep my HF down, felt so hot. Just ran back to te car. Something to forget rapidly Grrrr

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

8.3 miles HR 124 / 139.Busy work week.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Everybody has been busy!  I didn't have a very good weekend with the heat and humidity killing my LR to 14 miles.  Took a rest day yesterday and today it's speedwork day.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

10.6 miles yesterday.

4.1 miles today. Garmin connect malfunctioning.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Got a new case this week so work has been hectic.  Got my car back, yay. Took a rest day on Monday, did 8 on Tuesday, 5 on Wednesday (to and from Pilates) and 9 yesterday.  Considering all the hours I have been working, the miles are good.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Too tired to run. Walked 9 miles. Nearly 2 hours to kill at the airport. Walked 4 miles. Good thing my Garmin is the everyday watch!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Runslowalksalot

Bye bye Maf.  Official marathon program starts July 14 but I'm getting my baseline from a hilly 10 k on the 11th.   I

M throwing in a little speedwork the next couple of weeks to end my 6 months of  base training. My Maf numbers were beginning to regress after consistent improved improvement.  After a killer TRX SESSION yesterday  although I was thinking 8 due to sore legs,  I did 10 miles TODAY and let cardiac drift take its course. I was  in zone 2 till mile 7, but I also picked up the pace the last 3.   I felt good till I went SUP surfing.  Now my legs want to curl up and die.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I did 8 miles with bridges on Friday, zero on Saturday, and 20 last night, between the TM and outside (when it stopped being 97F and started raining).  The 20 were super slow, first 10 at 143 and 12+mm and the last 10 with hubby at his pace, so overall, lots of low HR going on.

Damaris

labhiker

Slow and steady is the road to recovery, right?

Every other day I have been out on a HS track doing some controlled MAF progression runs lasting between 35 to 55 minutes.  Nothing fancy or too difficult.

This morning 5:40am, 46 minutes, 1st mile 114bmp then 118, 122 and finally topping out around 126 bmp, followed by 5 minute CD.

After each workout I find myself frequently checking my knee for excessive swelling and so far all is generally OK.  Slight swelling however no pain.

One day at a time and a strict diet of MAF

labhiker

BeeRunB

One day at a time and a strict diet of MAF

Go slow, Lab! You'll get there.

Last night, I create a training schedule that will cover the next half year. Today, I started and made it through day 1.

BeeRunB

5.25 miles