Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

no dumplings here, but I do get to go visit the inlaws this weekend... 15 miles on the treadmill this morning- my longest run ever (if treadmill counts). I faltered towards the end again. Mile 1, 10:00 pace, 125 avg HR Mile 2, 10:00 pace, 131 avg HR Mile 3, 10:00 pace, 138 avg HR Mile 4, 10:00 pace, 139 avg HR Mile 5, 10:00 pace, 141 avg HR Mile 6, 10:00 pace, 142 avg HR Mile 7, 10:00 pace, 141 avg HR Mile 8, 10:00 pace, 143 avg HR Mile 10, 10:14 pace, 143 avg HR Mile 11, 10:35 pace, 143 avg HR Mile 12, 10:35 pace, 144 avg HR Mile 13, 10:51 pace, 145 avg HR Mile 14, 11:19 pace, 146 avg HR Mile 15, 12:25 pace, 146 avg HR

run-easy-race-hard

All right, heart rate is still working its way down. Ran about 20.25 today with a friend, average pace 10:11, average HR 126. 48 degrees and damp. http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4665984 tomorrow it will be trails!
      newgeneration

Just a little four miler today, hope to go long tomorrow. 11:36 avg, 135 avg. Ace, as someone who logs a lot of t-mill miles, I think your nice effort definitely counts!
          I'll take the slow pace honors today. 10 miles on snow covered singletrack up and down a savage course. 3:33, avg HR 119. I think that comes out to about 21:00/mile! Total elevation change 6700'.
          www.mnultrarunner.blogspot.com
            I'll take the slow pace honors today. 10 miles on snow covered singletrack up and down a savage course. 3:33, avg HR 119. I think that comes out to about 21:00/mile! Total elevation change 6700'.
            Slow but fun I bet!! I need to find some nice trails to run on in Southern Indiana area. All my longruns currently are done in my inlaws neighborhood on a 1.1 mile loop. boring but safe. Well 14.2 miles tonightSmile I love the night runs btw.
              longest run of my life so far! 12/29/31: 10 miles / 9:23 / 152 AHR I'm very happy with the effort!

sean

newgeneration

7 morning miles: 131 avg HR, 10:55 min/mil. Weekly total=43 miles, first time I have run a 40 mile week.
                  Well after almost a month off, due to issues with medication and a nasty virus, I've finally been able to get back on the road. Here are my numbers for the day, not horrible, but not great either. Distance: 5 Miles Time: 7:56 AM Temp: 27 F Avg HR: 141 (MAF - 3) Max HR: 161 Avg Pace: 12:58 Total Time: 1:04:51 Hopefully those numbers will come back down to my 11:45 Pace fairly quickly!
                  lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

Sunday 30 December 2007 8:00 am cst Clutch, 2 Y.O. bay Colt The handsome son of turf great Lowgearius II ; LG Stables Lowgearius II, Forespeed, by Northern Dancer Clutch romps to maiden victory in 1:09.2 over muddy Aqueduct course, letting it out in stretch to win handily under Jerry Bailey. Hall of fame rider Bailey, returning from recent retirement says he picked up the mount on this talented colt with an eye towards the Classics. "If Clutch stays healthy", he quipped, "he'll be a sure contender in the run for the roses." Alarmed,!!!!! I awaken in a lather, clear this fanciful dream from my head, and prepare for my work-out. Today I go 50 some furlongs under wraps in 01:27:30 at 123 HR avg, (Maf -2), over a frozen, cuppy surface. 8F/87Hum/5DP/ESE@6/minus2Wc 6.54 miles in 01:27:30, yielding 13:23/mile, Breezing from gate. LG1 bred for distance.."A chance of a lifetime, in a lifetime of chance"
                    ♪ ♫ Hey, hey, we're Maf Monkees And people say we monkey around. ♪ ♫ (The Monkees)
                    Give me 12:59 in '09, please. I deserve it! (Maf of course)..No more teens! No more teens! (ME! ME! ME!)
                    ♪ ♫ I Thank The Lord For The Night Time...And I Thank The Lord For You ♪ ♫ (Neil Diamond)
                      Good treadmill run while watching Detroit Lions (if there is such a thing). 70 minutes (inclusive 5 min. WU/CD) avg HR 128 (MAF=140). 5.13 miles.
                      sluggo

John

Finished my first ever low HR workout today. 4.5 mi in 1:00:21 had to walk a bunch of times, especially on the uphills exceeded my 130 BPM target several times for a total of maybe 2 min but was always under 134 BPM 13 min/mi is so SLOW - I will have to run on more days to get my miles in and I need to dress a lot warmer. John

John
                        www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Well, after only running 1 day (well, and 1.5 miles another day) since last Saturday, I was able to get 6 in on the TM yesterday, and just under 13 with my wife today. So everything in the achilles feels good, so hopefully it continues that way. Smile This week will be a lot of MAF -15 to 20 with my wife (she's certainly improving a lot again though...jeesh). Once her mileage increased to 30-35 miles per week for a few weeks, her pace dropped about 20 seconds a mile. 30 seems to be an important number (for her at least) Good runs everyone!
                            12/30/2007: 4 miles / 8:54 / AHR 154 1 mile cooldown / 11:00 / AHR 148 Last run of the year! Happy New Year!
                            Once her mileage increased to 30-35 miles per week for a few weeks, her pace dropped about 20 seconds a mile. 30 seems to be an important number (for her at least)
                            Docster, I have been seeing pretty good improvements over the last few months as I've built up from low (<10) mileage to this week's 30, my first time out of the twenties. i'm excited to see what happens as i maintain this mileage for a while. hope it works as well for me as it has for your wife. mileage="" to="" this="" week's="" 30,="" my="" first="" time="" out="" of="" the="" twenties.="" i'm="" excited="" to="" see="" what="" happens="" as="" i="" maintain="" this="" mileage="" for="" a="" while.="" hope="" it="" works="" as="" well="" for="" me="" as="" it="" has="" for="" your=""></10) mileage to this week's 30, my first time out of the twenties. i'm excited to see what happens as i maintain this mileage for a while. hope it works as well for me as it has for your wife.>

sean

Yes, for her, when she backed off of training for a bit (nagging injury, and rest after 5 months of training) her times slowed down, however she doesn't have as good of a base as I do. (she's probably run 1200 miles this year versus my 2700+) I'm guessing with another year of solid training (30+ mpw) that she will be able to back off the mileage for a month or so and not see as much of a dropoff. As for me...rest day today. I was able to get ~19 miles in on Sat/Sun. combined without any incidents. While I really wanted to run this morning, I *really* don't want this achilles to become a lasting issue. I'm just calling today a celebratory day off. Big grin
                              lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

Once her mileage increased to 30-35 miles per week for a few weeks, her pace dropped about 20 seconds a mile. 30 seems to be an important number (for her at least) Docster, It seems ironic, but I too have reached the 30 miles per week level and was feeling pretty good about that, but to my chagrin my pace took a bit of a nose-dive. I'm still trying to evaluate this because I don't do any treadmill runs, and since weather conditions have been so erratic it may not be as bad as it seems. More disturbing to me was this morning. I pulled up lame and had to cut a scheduled 4 miler at 2.65 when left ITB pain ensued. I think I'm alright as the pain subsided, and an hour later was entirely gone. I was bragging about saving bucks on a new pair of shoes, but now i'm beginning to wonder. These 13 min/mile paces are getting old though, and i've got to review the MAFF FAQS, especially where they address things like not making progress after X amt of time, regressing, incorporating downhills, etc. I ordinarily feel much too good post run to be languishing in the maff thirteens. Great to hear that you are on the mend! Best wishes in the new year to you and all the maff team. LG1 The Chinese "Year of the rat" ...eeks
                                ♪ ♫ Hey, hey, we're Maf Monkees And people say we monkey around. ♪ ♫ (The Monkees)
                                Give me 12:59 in '09, please. I deserve it! (Maf of course)..No more teens! No more teens! (ME! ME! ME!)
                                ♪ ♫ I Thank The Lord For The Night Time...And I Thank The Lord For You ♪ ♫ (Neil Diamond)