Low HR Training

My first MAF test Toughts and questions (Read 934 times)

bertrand

i finally uploaded my log. Unfortunately i only have it from when i changed computer but i guess i am just missing a month or so. As you guys can see i am pretty far from the working load you all can handle Blush but believe me my calves reminds me the day after every training that i am challenging my body way enough Roll eyes

Sometimes you will see heart rate going to 148 or less when i am doing maf it is because it seems sometimes my forerunner 305 get a beat more or go crazy  for 2 sec and come back to normal just after.

Feel free to comment.

Cheers

Bertrand

PR: 5k  31'15'' (220 lbs)

i finally uploaded my log. Unfortunately i only have it from when i changed computer but i guess i am just missing a month or so. As you guys can see i am pretty far from the working load you all can handle Blush but believe me my calves reminds me the day after every training that i am challenging my body way enough Roll eyes

Sometimes you will see heart rate going to 148 or less when i am doing maf it is because it seems sometimes my forerunner 305 get a beat more or go crazy  for 2 sec and come back to normal just after.

Feel free to comment.

Cheers

thats okay about the 148. my HR oscillates like crazy too when running at a low enough HR. not a garmin problem Smile same with other HRMs

bertrand

thats okay about the 148. my HR oscillates like crazy too when running at a low enough HR. not a garmin problem Smile same with other HRMs

it is really a problem with the device because it goes up and down very fast like in 10 sec i have gone to 148 and back to 138.

Bertrand

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

it is really a problem with the device because it goes up and down very fast like in 10 sec i have gone to 148 and back to 138.

Have you cleaned the monitor?

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

bertrand

Have you cleaned the monitor?

what monitor? the thing you put on your chest? if so everytime :P

About my training i am starting to feel my knee taking a toll from this training. Even with the total respect of the marathon plan. Despite the fact i run everything at MAF i still have to drag 208 lbs on the road. i still have the half marathon of chicago the 9/11 and the chicago marathon a month after. The HM is supposed to be a tempo run.

I really just want to make it to the marathon and run it. It is really important for me. Right now the long run help me improve i feel it but each long run is a challenge. I feel a lot of improvement there though. i remember the first time i ran 7 miles it was a long run and i was runnning/ walking  but now it is a  normal easy run.

I really just hope my knees can make it...

Bertrand

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I really just hope my knees can make it...

Is this your 1st marathon? Are you planning to walk the marathon? 8 weeks to go . You should be on your 2nd 20 miler. You needs will probably be the least of your problems.I am not trying to scare you off but 26.2 miles is along way.I did Bermuda marathon with a 40 year old female club member 5:53:15. She  only been to 1 group since(Jan).

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

bertrand

The biggest race i did to date was a 10k when i was 14years old.  I picked the Hal higdon program novice 1 online as i read good things about it online. This is  the only one i was able to take because i just came back to running a little less than 3 month ago.  The most i did right now is a 15 miler and it was last week.  This week should be a 16 miler. After that W13 i have a 18 miler w14 the HM tempo run and w15 my first and last 20 miler to enter tapering.  I am pretty confident i could run the marathon in less than 5 hours right now.  The problem with my knees is due to the miles accumulation and my lack of exercise before this program. I know this is probably a bit extreme but i really want to build on this first marathon preparation and keep running.

Bertrand

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

The biggest race i did to date was a 10k when i was 14years old.  I picked the Hal higdon program novice 1 online as i read good things about it online. This is  the only one i was able to take because i just came back to running a little less than 3 month ago.  The most i did right now is a 15 miler and it was last week.  This week should be a 16 miler. After that W13 i have a 18 miler w14 the HM tempo run and w15 my first and last 20 miler to enter tapering.  I am pretty confident i could run the marathon in less than 5 hours right now.  The problem with my knees is due to the miles accumulation and my lack of exercise before this program. I know this is probably a bit extreme but i really want to build on this first marathon preparation and keep running.

Sounds like a good plan. Run to finish and do not be concerned with the time. I used the Higdon plan for my 1st marathon.The taper is really important. Beginners trend to over look the taper. Don't.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

bertrand

Sounds like a good plan. Run to finish and do not be concerned with the time. I used the Higdon plan for my 1st marathon.The taper is really important. Beginners trend to over look the taper. Don't.

i wont Smile Believe me i would love to have a week off if i could to help my body recover. The tapering is my eldorado if i make it to that point i should be fine.

Bertrand

not a problem with the HRM, all my HRMs can do this for me. but it usually has a cause, e.g. me stressing over the number I see :P

or maybe I see an aggressive looking dog running towards me that gets the adrenaline going and that gets the heart beating faster for a few secs until threat passes.

if it seems to have no cause for you, then it may be a HRM problem. or it's just that the HR is low enough to have a high variance

I dunno, is doing the marathon ASAP really that important to you?

anyway, if your knees need a rest day, forget what the plan says, give it the extra rest day.

or if you find walking breaks helps your knees then do that..

good luck! Smile