Low HR Training

RHR and dewpoint ? (Read 314 times)

lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

Does a high dewpoint temp of say >70 have an effect on RHR? I'll often sleep without AC on nights when temps are 70~ fahrenheit, only to awaken to dewpoints of 68~. That's when my RHR tends to be higher. Normally my RHR averages ~48, but on these higher dewpoint days it reads as much as 5 bpm higher, and seems to stay prorportionally elevated into my warm-up as well. Anyone else experience this? Reflecting back to '49, when that big paw descended upon my backside, and I burst onto the scene, I should have realized things would be different. A smirk on that ob's face should have been the tip-off. Three squares and a roof over my head, complete with Bach for background, no wait, it was more like cowbell, wasn't good enough for me. Can't really blame them for not saving any cord blood, etc. Yeah, cowbell probably explains my tin ear, but i'm hoping somehow it pulls me thru come race day. "More cowbell!!" ....kinda resonates, for me. (SNL skit, "(Don't fear) the reaper"..Blue Oyster Cult) Lg1, (cross training day), in cattle country
    ♪ ♫ Hey, hey, we're Maf Monkees And people say we monkey around. ♪ ♫ (The Monkees)
    Give me 12:59 in '09, please. I deserve it! (Maf of course)..No more teens! No more teens! (ME! ME! ME!)
    ♪ ♫ I Thank The Lord For The Night Time...And I Thank The Lord For You ♪ ♫ (Neil Diamond)
      I haven't "proven" this yet, but I would absolutely think so. DP's of 70 or higher are just crazy on the HR....60's and higher isn't great, but 70+ becomes much worse. (for me, anyway)

Half Fanatic #846

Here in Fla. I've noticed the dewpoint is consistantly above 70 - seems like high 70's is the average, and combined with hot weather & high humidity summer runs are really slow for LHR tgraining! Anyway, I'm starting to keep track of the dewpoint when I run outside (which is most of the time). Maybe there's some useful correlation I can determine from this info., but I don't know what it would be, unless it's to predict the quality of my run. Has anyone else done this? Bill Smile

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.               "Frankly autocorrect, 'm getting a bit tired of your shirt"             Run like the winded                I ran half my last race on my left foot!                 70-74 year old age group                  

Future running partner.

Here in Fla. I've noticed the dewpoint is consistantly above 70 - seems like high 70's is the average, and combined with hot weather & high humidity summer runs are really slow for LHR tgraining! Anyway, I'm starting to keep track of the dewpoint when I run outside (which is most of the time). Maybe there's some useful correlation I can determine from this info., but I don't know what it would be, unless it's to predict the quality of my run. Has anyone else done this? Bill Smile
          I'd like to know if there is some sort of mathematical correleation as well. I'd like to start using Friel's decoupling test, but it seems that with heat and humidity that results will be heavily skewed. I can only drink so much water, plus when heat and dp get to high, even lots of water drinking can't prevent cardiac creep from happening. Now if I were to take an educated guess, it may be very difficult to determine if there is some sort of exact mathematical correlation because since everyone handles heat differently, it would very from person to person. Sad

Half Fanatic #846

Now if I were to take an educated guess, it may be very difficult to determine if there is some sort of exact mathematical correlation because since everyone handles heat differently, it would very from person to person. Sad
            You're probably right about that - but maybe I could predict when I'm gonna have a craptacular run, and then jump on the treadmill (in the AC) instead! Big grin

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.               "Frankly autocorrect, 'm getting a bit tired of your shirt"             Run like the winded                I ran half my last race on my left foot!                 70-74 year old age group