Low HR Training

"Training for Endurance" (Read 544 times)

Half Fanatic #846

Does anyone know how long it takes to reprint a book? I've been waiting for the newest edition of Maffetone's "Training for Endurance" to become available since last Dec. through pccoach.com (they have had it marked "on backorder while being reprinted" and "our No. 1 Bestseller" for $12.95), but I'm tired of waiting - for 6 months now. Sad I suppose I could buy an old one off of Amazon for $40-$60; of course then with my luck they would probably be available the next day at pccoach!! I did buy one of his other books recently, but I want more detail for what I'm doing - especially the training charts/schedules. I had a phone number for the publisher at one time but can't find it now. Grrr... Bill

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.               "Frankly autocorrect, 'm getting a bit tired of your shirt"             Run like the winded                I ran half my last race on my left foot!                 70-74 year old age group                  

Two things: 1. Can anyone that has read both explain the difference between this book and "The Maffetone Method"? I am under the impression that "The Maffetone Method" is essentially the same book, am I right or wong? 2. While you wait, you can go down to your local library and request "Training for Endurance" via library loan if they don't have it already. You may have to wait a week or two to get it, but then you can read it, take notes, and then decide if you need to have it on your shelf at that point. darrell
        Does anyone know how long it takes to reprint a book? I've been waiting for the newest edition of Maffetone's "Training for Endurance" to become available since last Dec. through pccoach.com (they have had it marked "on backorder while being reprinted" and "our No. 1 Bestseller" for $12.95), but I'm tired of waiting - for 6 months now. Sad I suppose I could buy an old one off of Amazon for $40-$60; of course then with my luck they would probably be available the next day at pccoach!! I did buy one of his other books recently, but I want more detail for what I'm doing - especially the training charts/schedules. I had a phone number for the publisher at one time but can't find it now. Grrr... Bill
        I think I bought mine from pccoach even though the site says it is backordered. I was a year ago, though. It came in 2 days after ordering. You might want to check with pccoach- I am guessing you will get a book in a few days for $12.95 if you order.

Half Fanatic #846

I think I bought mine from pccoach even though the site says it is backordered. I was a year ago, though. It came in 2 days after ordering. You might want to check with pccoach- I am guessing you will get a book in a few days for $12.95 if you order.
          Thanks for the suggestion, but it wouldn't allow me to place an order when I tried in Dec.; I'll give it another shot...

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.               "Frankly autocorrect, 'm getting a bit tired of your shirt"             Run like the winded                I ran half my last race on my left foot!                 70-74 year old age group                  

Half Fanatic #846

Thanks for the suggestion, but it wouldn't allow me to place an order when I tried in Dec.; I'll give it another shot...
            Nope - pccoach won't allow me to put the book into my shopping cart...

No need to pay the book scalpers. The same info in Training For Endurance can be found in High Performance Heart or The Maffetone Method Dr. Maffetone is sort of like Runners World with their training articles, he manages to repackage the same info over and over with a slightly new title. Except of course, his excellent book on foot care. --Jimmy

Half Fanatic #846

I was able to finally order Maffetone's "Training for Endurance" thru 2mammasnaturals.com. The home page indicates this company is run by two of Maffetone's daughters, and there are 6 different Maffetone books for sale on the site. Hope this helps anyone looking to buy one of the books - Big grin Bill

Excellent find, Bill. Thank you. Here's the exact page: http://2mammasnaturals.com/order_books.html --Jimmy