Low HR Training

How many days per week? (Read 581 times)

northernman

Fight The Future

What is the best number of days to run per week, if all runs are done at or below MAF? Is everyday reasonable, or is it important to have a day of rest?

El Presidente

What is the best number of days to run per week, if all runs are done at or below MAF? Is everyday reasonable, or is it important to have a day of rest?
      Depending on your base, I think running every day is certainly reasonable. It really all depends on what your goals are. I have been running every day for some time and find it works best for me.

"I train conservatively so that I can race recklessly."

I know people who run every day and are successful. It works for them and their bodies can handle it. I've talked a few times with a guy who has run a 2:30 marathon who is a big advocate of always taking at least one total rest day per week. It's hard to argue with 2:30.
        C-R

Since starting LHR, I run comfortably 6 days per week. I could run that seventh but it is nice to have a floating day to use in case life interrupts your normal schedule or you want to spend time doing something else.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Hawt and sexy

All of them if possible.

I'm touching your pants.

I guess we could quote van Aaken here: "Run slowly, run daily, drink (alcohol) moderately, and don't eat like a pig."
                I take days off. I took 2 days off last week, as it was a recovery week, and I did a 32 mile long run the weekend before. This week will be 91 miles. The extra day off I believe will by far do me more good than harm. Run every day if you want to, and you are staying healthy. However, don't feel like days off are a bad thing, because they aren't. There is no perfect number. Smile
                  It's all about training load, as Jimmy has often said. It's best to alternate between hard and easy days. If your a beginner, then the easy day will be a day of rest. If on the otherhand you have more miles under your belt, then an easy 3 or 4 mile at or below MAF is what you need. Listen to your body and don't get into training monotony. That will wear your body down if you never give it time to rest and that can lead to injury. Doug
                  "Rule of Too's: Too long, too hard, too much, too soon" Anonymous

Consistently Slow

Who knew there was a LHR GROUP? Now a don't feel like a freak ( still could be). Smile

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Who knew there was a LHR GROUP? Now a don't feel like a freak ( still could be). Smile
                      Welcome aboard! Smile
                        Freak.
                        C-R

If you have a Freak flag, you can fly it proudly at RA. Welcome to thread.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Just started using my new HRM and have run 3 days in a row !! I'm loving it so much, even though I look like a dork (but not a huffing and puffing dork...LOL). I was wondering about daily running too. Now (aside from some gait adjustment twinges) I'm pain free after a run and can't wait to go out again....but worry that if I do too much I'll injure myself (like I had been doing before using my HRM).
                            lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

Okay, I'll bite.. How many days per week? Well, it's currently just four, per HH Novice II Plan, for me and my foot-long.. This ol dawg needs the extra rest in order to maintain peak performance. Otherwise, i'm CLUEless... CLUE, old school blockbuster board game from Parker Brothers/Hasbro featuring Colonel Mustard. Lg1, Hide the candlesticks.
                              ♪ ♫ Hey, hey, we're Maf Monkees And people say we monkey around. ♪ ♫ (The Monkees)
                              Give me 12:59 in '09, please. I deserve it! (Maf of course)..No more teens! No more teens! (ME! ME! ME!)
                              ♪ ♫ I Thank The Lord For The Night Time...And I Thank The Lord For You ♪ ♫ (Neil Diamond)