Low HR Training

removed (Read 362 times)

BeeRunB

removed --Jimmy
      Looks good. Thanks!

Master of Inconsistency

Thanks again Jimmy, After some tweaking I was able to load today's run in. Today's value was 262. Is there a weekly amount you try to stay under? I realize this could take a while to read the results but at least it should provide me some feedback in balancing my workouts. Greg

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

BeeRunB

Hey Greg, I haven't seen any suggestions for amount of training load just yet. I got that formula and zones off that 15 basic laws of training page in the Training Load Sticky. Personally, I'm going to load as many runs in as possible going backwards. Just to get an idea of weekly loads, and a way of working with it. It will, at the very least, be a helpful tool in the long run in creating schedules. A an example, I might raise mileage bu 5 miles one week, but if it's 5 in zone 3, as opposed to 2. There's a difference. One could log in previous runs and see if a huge spike in load coincided with an injury or period of aches and pains, tiredness or sickness. Then one could take that info and learn to create a schedule that is smoother in load build, and pushes the limits more gently. It's always a personal journey in Loadland. --Jimmy
            This is cool. I'll load in mine & my wife's '08 info.
            BeeRunB

If you go to this page, author, Sally Edwards explains training loads with these zones: CLICK