Marathon Training and Discussions

Who's Marathoning Next Year?? (Read 815 times)

Katie H

Chicago winter running

Sounds good! Wait... $7 for coffee? Or is there alcohol in it? I'm a grad student so that will be my big splurge for the week Smile It will be fun to meet some RA folks! Thanks!
    We must speak with all the humility that is appropriate to our limited vision, but we must speak. - MLK Jr.

...---...

Sounds good! Wait... $7 for coffee? Or is there alcohol in it? I'm a grad student so that will be my big splurge for the week Smile It will be fun to meet some RA folks! Thanks!
      It's really special coffee Wink (shhh! has irish whiskey...just a wee drop or two thoguh) Don't worry, I'll happily treat a grad student for a post race celebration. Perfesser will pick up a round of ANchor Steam's after that Clowning around

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I'm running the Lincoln (NE) marathon on May 4th. It'll be my first, so I'm just hoping to finish around 4 hours. I think it's possible, but I'll know more about the pace I'll try and run once I get farther into the program. I'm also excited because I'll be running with my dad, who started running about a year ago. Look forward to chatting with all of you!

Imminent Catastrophe

It's really special coffee Wink ... Perfesser will pick up a round of ANchor Steam's after that Clowning around
          I just got volunteered! OK, If I make it out there, I'll do that. BTW Katie H, you wouldn't be Katie Holmes, would you? Just wondering Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

I just got volunteered! OK, If I make it out there, I'll do that. BTW Katie H, you wouldn't be Katie Holmes, would you? Just wondering Wink
            Her profile says she's a scientist...not christian scientist silly. And you call yourself a perfesser....

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Katie H

Chicago winter running

ha ha ha! No- I'm not Katie Holmes but I can beat her in a marathon! She may have a trillion more dollars than me (and mental problems) but I could beat her in a race, which is all that really matters Wink Thanks for the drink offers (coerced or not)! You guys are funny Smile Good luck in NE HuskerB- that's cool that you're running with your Dad!
              We must speak with all the humility that is appropriate to our limited vision, but we must speak. - MLK Jr.

...---...

ha ha ha! No- I'm not Katie Holmes but I can beat her in a marathon! She may have a trillion more dollars than me (and mental problems) but I could beat her in a race, which is all that really matters Wink Thanks for the drink offers (coerced or not)! You guys are funny Smile Good luck in NE HuskerB- that's cool that you're running with your Dad!
                I'll take sanity and poverty over a trillion dollars anyday. No, wait, scratch that.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Go Pre!

Tuf / Dave, you out there? We switched our plans and will be doing Ottawa again this year. A bunch of ruuners from our group are going and we got caught u in the excitement - although we haven't signed up for either yet. We may still see you for the Mississauga half as a practice race for Ottawa. At the moment, we are also tentatively planning the Nike Women's Marathon in the Fall (Tiffany's Necklaces for all finishers!) - The mrs and a couple f friends are running and yes, men are allowed to enter so, when in Rome, er, San Fran...Smile Dave

still alive

Right now I've started training for the Fargo marathon in May. Still looking for some half marathons and a fall marathon. Need to find one that is easy to get to without interfering with work.

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

...---...

At the moment, we are also tentatively planning the Nike Women's Marathon in the Fall (Tiffany's Necklaces for all finishers!) - The mrs and a couple f friends are running and yes, men are allowed to enter so, when in Rome, er, San Fran...SmileDave
                      You should go to the Buena Vista when you're done Big grin I really don't obsess over things...just thought I'd throw that out there before I became know as Rainman or something.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Go Pre!

You should go to the Buena Vista when you're done Big grin I really don't obsess over things...just thought I'd throw that out there before I became know as Rainman or something.
                        you mean here?

...---...

you mean here?
                          That's it. Make sure to visit the "gift shop" - it's basically a walk-in closet.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Jeffrey

I am registered for the Eugene Marathon, May 4, my birthday! Unfortunately, injuries may prevent me from running. My PT keeps saying "maybe you'll just be a half-marathoner". Oh. Every time she says that I get depressed!

Go Pre!

I am registered for the Eugene Marathon, May 4, my birthday! Unfortunately, injuries may prevent me from running. My PT keeps saying "maybe you'll just be a half-marathoner". Oh. Every time she says that I get depressed!
                              o jeffrey, poor man. I too have had a hard time since Columbus. I was going fin there for a bit, ran a 5K PR at New Years but the 'other' knee has been causing issues. PT has me on a few new stretches and more warm up warm down. ook 3 days off and it felt good today on a short 2 miler and looking forward to tomorrows 5 miler. Good luck with your ailments!
                                Cincinnati's Flying Pig - May 4
                                Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4