Maine Runnah Group

Nice Run (Read 102 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

This is a post I put on the Master's Board, but I thought I would stick it here for fun. We started in North Deering and made it to the new building (Ocean Gateway?) on the waterfront. This morning, I was scheduled to do my longest run yet, 10.5 miles. I had my doubts, because yesterday I spent a lot of time sanding trim and putting polyurethane on it. I was sore! It was also very windy this morning (53 degrees). My running partner and I headed out from her house, and had a great run. At times, we were running directly into the wind and it was VERY challenging. In the past, we would have stopped, but we toughed it out. She made it 8.5 miles and I managed the entire 10.5 (in 1:58:32, for an average 11:18 pace)! This is the route we took (her house is at the upper left). For perspective, it's almost 4 miles around Back Cove in the photo. The route right along the ocean front is a really nice paved path that's quiet and smooth. The end of our route, in downtown Portland, is 5 miles from Martha's house. So now I'm tired and sore, but happy! Onward and upward. Teresa

Nice run!

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

We are lucky to have so many great places to run up here!

I took a walk at lunch time on the Riverton Trolley Park trails - I needed to call my insurance agents for new quotes so I spent the 40 minutes I'd have been sitting in my car or at my desk taking a stroll through the woods. It was great.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)