Marathon Race Training

3:20 Marathon in 2017 - Take Three (Read 58 times)

Strict WTF adherent

Hopefully this will be the last time I have to do this...

In my continued deferral to our real leader, I offer the following:

In 2013, dad said: "I put 3:20 and beyond in the title because 3:20 is more than a goal. It's a mindset and just the start. Many have used this thread's predecessors as their launching point for exploits way beyond sub 3:20. Our alumni have run multiple sub 3s and a bunch of ultras up to the WS100 Tahoe 200; we have members who are going for have gotten Moose Mugs and are going for shorter distance PRs."

We have a few guidelines:

- Everyone is welcome - new timers, old timers, old timers flitting through for a brief cameo, new timers flitting through for one question and then never to be seen again.  Well, everyone starts out welcome...

- We are usually nice to each other.  When one of us needs to be taken down a notch, try to keep the throat punches down to the bare minimum required to get the job done.

- Try to post your training on a weekly basis.  We're all here to learn from and help each other.

Ilana likes capital letters, but we respect freedom of speech and typing style.

- Sometimes you will see strange terms like TURD, BOTT, Botswana / Brezhnev / Biddeford / etc ... one must earn the right to ask what those things mean! Context helps, too.

- If all you do is come to dump your training logs and ask questions but never interact with anyone else about their training/life, expect RLK to show you the door.

I'll continue to maintain the 3:20 Outcasts group here, but expect to use this as the main thread. Post away!

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

3rd time is the charm!

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4

oy vey

Strict WTF adherent

Or maybe this wasn't the right move. I've got nothing.

The ability to start groups here is nice. But finding them can be quite a task unless you know exactly what you're looking for.

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

anybody home?

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

Strict WTF adherent

Still using the thread in the main racing forum, it seems

A 3:20 Slowpoke

Is this where we're at now?????

PR's   5k - 20:39 (2014).  10k - 42:04 (2014)   13.1 - 1:30:30 (2014)   26.2 - 3:14:21 2017)

Upcoming Races  -   Boston Marathon 4/18

Strict WTF adherent