NYC Marathon runners

NYCM numbers are out! (Read 135 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Log onto your NYCM page then click "Registration card".

# 27246, Blue wave 2, corral 27. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

BIB# 11905 Blue Wave #1 Corral #11 9:40 start.

I'm feeling a little pressure now. First wave-I don't think I yet deserve that. I'll take it after dodging thousands of runners in a local 10k today from start to finish. Less to pass yet more to pass me

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Bib # 5609 - Orange Wave 1 - Corral # 5

Not sure if I'm desersving of a wave 1 start this year but I'll take it.  Sunday's Half Marathon here in Maine should be a good indicator of where I am with my recovery and my ability to run the Full Marathon in NY.  I really don't want to be out there for over 4 hours and would be happy if I could finish around 3:30, may have to settle for a sub 4:00 goal.

* My original goal for this week end was a sub 1:30 half, but now I would be happy with a sub 1:40 which would gurantee me entry into next year's NY Marathon for my 5th consecutive NY!  Just have to hope the right glute and hamstring behave.

I'm bib #45906. Blue Wave #3, corral 45.

I don't know if that's good or bad. Ha!

old-runner

Bib #6642  -  Green Wave #1  -  Corral #6  -  Start Time 9:40

Guess I'll be one of the people getting peed on down below!