NYC Marathon runners

Start Spreadin' the News: 2010 NYCM discussion begins now! (Read 256 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Since I'm a 3-time lottery loser I should be guaranteed entry this year.

I just reserved my hotel room (yikes!). I'm halfway through "A Race Like No Other". 

Lottery is open now, and guaranteed entry applications open January 25.

ATTENTION:  If you reserve a hotel room through one of the online discounters (Orbitz, Priceline, etc.) most of the rates you'll  find there are non-refundable. Read the fine print!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

<<crickets>>

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Imminent Catastrophe

Welcome Russ, You have successfully applied for entry to the ING New York City Marathon 2010...
        Finally, after 3 tries 

MTA: Their survey asked if I'd be interested in a food and wine festival. Uh, yeah!

Well I'm in for my 4th year in a row at NY.  Last year I got a rejection e-mail even though I ran a qualifying time, I had to e-mail them and then kept checking the entrants list and found my name there so they fixed it pretty quickly.

I'm in again this year via a qualifying time and hopefully won't have to step through that hoop again this year, but even if I do it was not big deal.

Boston in 13 days, and this one could be ugly as I've been struggling with some tightness in my hamstrings and IT Bands, especially my left  leg.  I just started using a foam roller along with my stick and it is getting better.

Good Luck all

old-runner

Congrats on getting in mainerunnah...

You mentioned the entrants list... I couldn't find an entrants list on the official site. Could you post a link as to where it is? 

I'm in on a guaranteed entry too on my half marathon time. I'm sure I was accepted because they emailed me and it's on my profile page (not to mention I was charged a couple hundred bucks) but I wanted to check and see who else might be in there too.

Thanks, and good luck in the race!

Congrats Rich:

You can now log into your profile to see if you are in via the lottery or a guaranteed entry using this link:

https://webapps.ingnycmarathon.org/ingnycmarathon2010/Login.aspx

old-runner

This is basically all it says on my profile page...

Marathon registration status:
                 Accepted 
                Entry number: 523123 

I'm sure I was accepted as a guaranteed entry because it was a couple months ago on the day they opened up the guaranteed entry applications and I heard from them back then.

I was just wondering if you knew of a list of other people who are in.

Thanks!

Not yet, eventually you will be able to view the "entry list".  However, you should have also gotten an e-mail from the

NYRR Club congratulating you for being in as well.  I got mine at about 9:30 last night.

Imminent Catastrophe

I wonder if the admin could set up a sticky to list who's in?

It seems that SeeEricaRun is AWOL and she's the admin.