NYC Marathon runners

If your number doesn't come up... (Read 253 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Has anyone made alternate plans (at least in his / her own mind) as to what you want to do if you don't get picked for this year? I'm currently looking at Cape Cod, Newport, or Hartford as my "alternate" choices, since they all fall close to NYC's date. Although they're all earlier, at least this year I started early enough I will be ready by the time they come up, and will be able to adjust my training accordingly. Anyone else? Or am I tempting the lottery leprechauns and putting bad mojo on my chances by bringing this up? Smile
      I'm signed up for Chicago already, which will probably be my goal race. Then if I get into NY I'll do that too.

Imminent Catastrophe

Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon is November 8. It's a fairly flat, fast course and is local. It's also a beautiful run through the National Military Park. Even if I get into NYCM, I will run it slowly, then run Chickamauga for time.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016