NYC Marathon runners

15 weeks without fear-maybe (Read 85 times)

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Funny how I had the exact same milage for two weeks. Totally unplanned. I'm trying to stay slow and steady and build.

Nearly died in the heat on Saturday doing a couple of miles of hills. The treadmill is an ally of mine. It paces me. I tend to go too fast on the roads. Especially where I see more runners.

I plan on trying form drills again this week. I looked at Pete MagillsĀ video. I should have taken a note card with me. I looked rather silly on the football field. The next day my legs felt it. The worst was my shoulder as it has limited range of motion from surgery 3 months ago.

So here is this weeks plan. 10 today-done yea baby. tomorrow an easy 3-5, Wen stuck at work, Thurs form drills, Fri 5-6,Sat 3-5, Sun longish. I would not put money on the week actually looking anything like this by Sunday.

Looking ahead I have found some races to work into the fall. Without looking there are 5k's every Sat/Sun here. The 10k 10 mile and 1/2's are sometimes a little trickier. Tentatively looking at a 1/2 in Punxutawney Oct 9th as my last long race. Another consideration is the Long Beach Island 18 miler that weekend. My father lives in Barnegat.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete