NYC Marathon runners

Training pace difficulty- end of 14th week Mon Aug 2-8 (Read 76 times)

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

I have looked at training plans from Hal Higdon and others. I settled on the July Runners World 4 hour plan. Like most people I have to make some switches and adjustments for work/life. The hardest part for me has been to slow my paces. Today I really wanted to be around 9:30 pace. The program suggests 10:04. It didn't happen. Too quick.

How do I hold back? I don't want to stay on a treadmill to accomplish my pace goal. Today it was even more difficult. Beautiful weather and many runners around the course. I'll work on it.

Modified to correct week # to 14 from 13 to go

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Imminent Catastrophe

That's pretty common, for me as well, it's hard to keep my training pace slow enough sometimes, especially when I'm feeling good. Really, if you're feeling good and it doesn't wear you down toward the end, I feel like you're OK with the faster pace.

I'm looking at around 4 hours too. See ya!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016