NYC Marathon runners

NYC 2011 - warming up (Read 82 times)

benforrest

Hi everyone. My wife and I moved to NY a few months ago. She's planning to do the marathon. We are both looking for good runs in and around the city. Would love to hear people's experiences with the marathon and tips for training in the city. 

Imminent Catastrophe

You can't beat Central Park, the big loop is about 10k, I also like to run the bridle trails there. Also the West Side bikepath.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

benforrest

Thanks much - sorry for slow response - I've been running the bike path on the west side. I will have to get up to Central park to do the loop and the bridle trails - would be great to get off the pavement for a change.

A couple weeks ago I also over the bridge to Brooklyn - I am hoping to explore some areas in Brooklyn on long runs. If anyone has any other favorite long runs, would love to hear about them.

Thanks again.