NYC Marathon runners

Bridge warning (Read 122 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

From the race web site:

Portable toilets will also be available in each corral on the bridge. NYRR strongly suggests that runners use the portable toilets prior to walking onto the bridge. The bridge will house electrical equipment, and urinating on the bridge is extremely dangerous to you and your fellow runners. NYRR reserves the right to disqualify anyone who does not use a portable toilet.

You have been warned. BTW if you're in the Green wave you might want to wear a rain poncho until you get over the bridge Roll eyes

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

old-runner

Thanks for the tidbit of juicy information PerfesserR...

I'm in Green Wave #1, Corral #6, so looks like I'm one of the lucky ones.

I didn't see any info on the different waves. Is there something about it on the NYC site or do you just know from experience?

Imminent Catastrophe

Just this map of the start area, and some people who've run it. 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

old-runner

Thanks for the link... hope I don't get lost trying to find my way around there!

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Will we need money for food/beverages at the start area?

Today I realized that the end of Daylight Savings is that weekend. An extra hour of worry and waiting (maybe I'll sleep)

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

old-runner,  I think you are situated on the lower bridge deck. A drizzle from the upper deck is not uncommon from what I have read.

No, PerfesserR?

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Imminent Catastrophe

old-runner,  I think you are situated on the lower bridge deck. A drizzle from the upper deck is not uncommon from what I have read.

No, PerfesserR?

Yes, I've heard it referred to as "the world's biggest outdoor urinal" or something like that. Yellow rain. 

It's nice to be in the Blue wave. Cool

old-runner

Well I guess somebody has to be down there. I'll try to stay away from the areas where liquid seems to be accumulating (or falling) if I can. If nothing else I'll have an extra story to tell.