NYC Marathon runners

Lottery date? (Read 436 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Does anyone know when the lottery will be held?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Last year it was June 12th....
        There's a new note on the NYRR page about "running week" and it says the lottery is June 4: http://www.nyrr.org/about/running_week/rw_sch.asp

Imminent Catastrophe

Fingers crossed...

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Good luck. You're lucky you are not from NY. Its tough to get in to NYC from the lottery. I'm 1 for 3 previously hopefully making it 2 for 4, but I've got Chicago also..... I say a big NO for me...

Imminent Catastrophe

Good luck. You're lucky you are not from NY. Its tough to get in to NYC from the lottery. I'm 1 for 3 previously hopefully making it 2 for 4, but I've got Chicago also..... I say a big NO for me...
              Thanks, good luck to you too. Just curious, what does being from NY have to do with it? Chicago has closed, so that's not viable for me. I do have Chickamauga on the 8th, which I plan to run whether or not I get into NYC.

Because there are so many people who get guaranteed entry to the marathon from NY that they basically fill there quota for NY with guaranteed entries.Most of the outta staters go in through the lottery and there usually is a 30-40% success rate for those. While for NY there aren't that many spots. There are some, but not that many. They want people to travel to NYC and spend mucho $$$ on hotels and such. They don't want us local yocals taking the train in early Sun AM and not spending a dime in NYC. (Though I would stay 2 nights in the city if I get in...)

Imminent Catastrophe

Because there are so many people who get guaranteed entry to the marathon from NY that they basically fill there quota for NY with guaranteed entries.Most of the outta staters go in through the lottery and there usually is a 30-40% success rate for those. While for NY there aren't that many spots. There are some, but not that many. They want people to travel to NYC and spend mucho $$$ on hotels and such. They don't want us local yocals taking the train in early Sun AM and not spending a dime in NYC. (Though I would stay 2 nights in the city if I get in...)
                  Wow, I didn't realize that they filtered the lottery by state. They've really perfected the revenue-generating side, haven't they?

Imminent Catastrophe

Angry Another $11 down the drain.

dgtray

I didn't make the lottery either. Missed out on the St. George marathon lottery too.

2012 Races: Galveston 2/5, St. Louis 4/15, Fort Collins 5/6, Woodrow Wilson Bridge Run 10/7

I go the big NO also. 1 for 4 for me. Two in a row NO's. So either '09 or '10 for me. Chicago will be my only fall thon. Glad I signed up for that one. Maybe I'll throw down a 1:23 Half or 2:55 Full before May 1st 2009 Roll eyes
                        mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I'm IN!!! For 2009, that is... Roll eyes That's three straight denials, so next year they gotta let me in (unless they change the rules). Oh well, no sense putting my training to waste - NEWPORT here I come!

Imminent Catastrophe

what is this, the RA curse?

Jamie PT

I'm in! Shocked And I'm from NY (Long Island). My 4th YES on 5 lottery tries. Sorry to blow your lottery theories out of the water. Lucky, I guess Big grin
                                I'm in! Shocked And I'm from NY (Long Island). My 4th YES on 5 lottery tries. Sorry to blow your lottery theories out of the water. Lucky, I guess Big grin
                                Boo Boo Cool