Oklahoma Runners Club

Hey guys (Read 296 times)

clydesdale

Racing plan is to run it as fast as I can without puking, ok I'll probably puke around the finish line (I almost always do).  No in all seriousness running for me is just about staying in shape I don't really think too much about it. 

bas.

Good luck to all those with races this weekend!  Hopefully the weather will be nice.

And also good luck to Andahuff & Obsessor in planning your race in the fall.  Putting on a race is not easy.  A friend of mine has done that a few times, and it's a ton of work.  Hopefully you'll have a great turn out.

I wanted to update on the Lake McMurtry Trail run, just in case anyone else ever looks for information on it.  I thought it was a nice run.  They offer a 12K, 25K, and 50K.  It's near the lake, but with lots of tree cover, so the sun isn't beating on you.  It's not flat, but runnable the whole way.  There were some organizational issues that could be improved (I got lost on an unmarked portion of the race! Shocked)  Having all the 3 race distances running at the same time leads to a lot of 2 way traffic on a single track trail.  It would be frustrating to race, but I think it's a nice workout if you run it for fun.

I should add that I hardly ever do trail races.  So maybe the things I perceived as negative are common to trail racing. 

Non ducor, duco.

Good luck to all those with races this weekend!  Hopefully the weather will be nice.

And also good luck to Andahuff & Obsessor in planning your race in the fall.  Putting on a race is not easy.  A friend of mine has done that a few times, and it's a ton of work.  Hopefully you'll have a great turn out.

I wanted to update on the Lake McMurtry Trail run, just in case anyone else ever looks for information on it.  I thought it was a nice run.  They offer a 12K, 25K, and 50K.  It's near the lake, but with lots of tree cover, so the sun isn't beating on you.  It's not flat, but runnable the whole way.  There were some organizational issues that could be improved (I got lost on an unmarked portion of the race! Shocked)  Having all the 3 race distances running at the same time leads to a lot of 2 way traffic on a single track trail.  It would be frustrating to race, but I think it's a nice workout if you run it for fun.

I should add that I hardly ever do trail races.  So maybe the things I perceived as negative are common to trail racing. 

Dont ask obsessor about unmarked trails and getting lost! Neither of us will do another TATUR event because of that exact thing. 

Thanks for the note on the trail run! 

bas.

Dont ask obsessor about unmarked trails and getting lost! Neither of us will do another TATUR event because of that exact thing. 

Uh oh.  Sorry to hear about that.  Yes, this was a TATUR event.  That's too bad, since I think most trail runs around here are sponsored by them.  I'll remember that in the future, and adjust my expectations accordingly.

Maybe you guys should put on a racing series and include a trail run!Wink  (In all your spare time.)

Non ducor, duco.

Uh oh.  Sorry to hear about that.  Yes, this was a TATUR event.  That's too bad, since I think most trail runs around here are sponsored by them.  I'll remember that in the future, and adjust my expectations accordingly.

Maybe you guys should put on a racing series and include a trail run!Wink  (In all your spare time.)

There is no spare time. Only stolen time....