Pickens County Y Race Team

Peter/Parris Island Tri (Read 87 times)

ehunter

Hey Peter, Congrats - Looks like you had a good race this weekend.  How did it go?  Probably the warmest race down there in years.

pschriver

The weather was beautiful. We stayed on Hilton Head  and I drove down to the race by myself so Theresa and Sara could spend some time together at the beach.

The race was well run as usual for SetUp but the pool was a cluster. I passed a bunch of people who were nowhere close to their predicted times. The bike ride was nice on a relatively dry road and a lot of the really bad stretches of road have been repaired. The run is still my weakness and I wasn't able to run at all for 2 weeks prior to the race due to plantar fascitis. I had my worse run in 3 years but my bike was a little faster so overall I was within a few seconds of my race time from the previous years.

My heel was really in bad shape the next morning. I am going to run through the pain and still plan on doing Langley pond.

Peter, you're an animal! Still on for a Saturday ride?
        pschriver

Sat. is good. I will post the time when I get a better look at my schedule

pschriver

Sat is not going to work. Will ride Sunday instead. 9-12

Sunday works better... 9am, Y parking lot. Don't forget your gummi's!