The Postfontaine Project

Runner's Digest 3.3 - 3.9 (Read 4 times)

Jirafe Blanco

Well, its already Tuesday night and no one has created a weekly digest. I am assuming you were all waiting for someone else to post because you had a bunch of awesome runs and didn't want to create a post just to brag. Well, go ahead, brag.

On Sunday I went on a 14 miler with Dan. I hated Dan because he made me run 14 miles because he thought that was what he was supposed to do (it was only supposed to be 13).

Today I did about 6.5 with 4 longish hill repeats thrown in for good measure. Conditions were warmer, so now I get to complain about the mushy snow which creates a suction between my foot and the ground. A little extra work for those hip flexors.

Feeling pretty good -- legs were tired from my longest run of the year. But my tendons and ligaments didn't flare up like the days of old. Progress.

"Hills are the shortcut to success"

Think this is going to have to be a recovery week. My ankles/shins are pretty sore after last week. I took monday off and tried to do speedwork last night. Mile repeats. I made it most of the way through the first until the track made the shin splints too painful to finish. i ran 3 miles outside this morning and other than my legs being tired, the shins felt fine. Think I might need to take time away from being a baby on the track and explore the outside.

Jirafe Blanco

I got in 14.5 miles in the last two days...legs are definitely tired from last Sunday still. But that's okay, I was planning on taking it easy this coming week so I should be all good. Hoping for about 6-7 tomorrow to get up to 32 miles.

Also I found out there is a group run on Tuesdays nights at this shoe store which offers free pizza and beer to the runners participating. That's where I'll be if you need me.

I'll be running with jirafe every Tuesday Now.

pretty unremarkable week this time around. shaved down the majority of my runs so this could be a recovery week. My legs felt great on my long run and feel like I could have easily kept pace for 18 miles. My right Achilles has been a little sore, but slow gooF off runs on sat and Sunday stretched everything nicely. Going for 40 this week. Woooooooooo!

you guys still run?

Jirafe Blanco

you guys still run?

Wait...you don't? I thought you were just kidding about going on a 20 minute bike ride. wtf? HOW ARE WE EVER GOING TO WIN THE RAGNAR? jesus christ. GTFO. G.T.F.O.