RA Coaching Forum

Andy's Road to Boston (Read 217 times)

It may happen this year, may not happen till next but when it happens I'll be a happy man. The plan: Basically a Pfitzainels (the offshot love child). Using the pfitz milage but then will be doing Daniels paces and some of the speed workouts within it. Some times, I'll get in the exact miles per run recommended but then on other days, It'll have to be modified based on what I can get in during the morning and afternoon with the XC team I coach. We'll see what happens. The races: I'll be running either Charlotte / Kiawah in early December as a training run at my easy pace. Quick easy way to get a 20 in (not cheap) and it'll give me a good idea on if its happening at Tybee Island in February or not. Injuries and such None really other than freakish happenings, like the broken foot that sidelined me for two months earlier this year. Some bouts of ITBS but foam rolling and stretching have made that go the way of the DoDo. So yeah, I know I'm starting at week '23' but I got the milage in for week 24 minus what the long run. So here it goes.
    btb1490

Andy, good luck with your "Road to Boston"! Looking forward to following your progress!

Prophet!

how is the training going ?