RA Coaching Forum

Rockenmama's Training for 2007 Fall Marathon'S (Read 1567 times)

What time do you need? Pick a nice fast course for it. Lehigh may be a really good option. I'm considering that for next year.
    3:45. Lehigh is definetly an option, though I'm planning on doing NJ in May, Steamtown in October and The Monkey in Nov. I've gotta resist adding another one to the mix.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Scout7

3:45. Lehigh is definetly an option, though I'm planning on doing NJ in May, Steamtown in October and The Monkey in Nov. I've gotta resist adding another one to the mix.
        Well, my thought is that you drop Steamtown, unless it's a BQ authorized course.
          Well, my thought is that you drop Steamtown, unless it's a BQ authorized course.
          That's tough. Steamtown IS a BQ"R , HOWEVER it's got such an AWESOME CROWD support that I'd have to be really carefull. Last time I really enjoyed myself ( a little too much).Lehigh, HOWEVER is a nice fast race, without all the distractions that Steamtown has. I'm going to have to think about which one to do. I really believe that if I can hold myself back a bit when it comes to enjoying the locals and the scenery and use the energy that ooozes throughout the whole course of Steamtown, I could definitly qualify there. Course Lehigh is local and I could always use you as my "rabbit"

Scout7

I'd do Steamtown if it weren't for Baltimore.... I didn't think Steamtown was a BQ authorized course, but if it is... That could be worthwhile, then.
              I'd do Steamtown if it weren't for Baltimore.... I didn't think Steamtown was a BQ authorized course, but if it is... That could be worthwhile, then.
              WEll DON"T do Baltimore !BTW how is that course???

Scout7

WEll DON"T do Baltimore !BTW how is that course???
                HA! I like it. Lots of support, good crowds, scenic. It's small, a few thousand, but with big race amenities (sponsored by UnderArmour...). It's a BQ course, too, and it's a Saturday race, which is kinda cool.
                  El Scorcho in July... Scout, didn't you say an ultra was in your future for 2008? Just sayin'.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

HA! I like it. Lots of support, good crowds, scenic. It's small, a few thousand, but with big race amenities (sponsored by UnderArmour...). It's a BQ course, too, and it's a Saturday race, which is kinda cool.
                    OMG I saw the shirts from the race, AWESOME!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmm

El Scorcho in July... Scout, didn't you say an ultra was in your future for 2008? Just sayin'.
                      You doing the 25k or 50k? I was talking to Ken about this yesterday. He's like July in Texas Shocked I'm like well it starts at midnight Big grin

I'm thinking 50k. It will be totally worth it for the sheriff's star in addition to the finishers medal. I just checked my log from the race - I did the 25k. The average temperature from midnight to 2:30 was 78. So if you guys do the 50k - it will cool off another degree or two by 5am. Big grin

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Scout7

I did, yes. There's a 50K outside Reading, PA, the Blues Cruise 50K. There's also a race up near State College, I think it might be a 50 miler, though....
                            I did, yes. There's a 50K outside Reading, PA, the Blues Cruise 50K. There's also a race up near State College, I think it might be a 50 miler, though....
                            I checked out the Blues Cruise , though it conflicted with Steamtown this year. Who knows maybe next year.....

I'm thinking 50k. It will be totally worth it for the sheriff's star in addition to the finishers medal. I just checked my log from the race - I did the 25k. The average temperature from midnight to 2:30 was 78. So if you guys do the 50k - it will cool off another degree or two by 5am. Big grin
                              Oh I ran two marathons that we're close to 78 degrees. So the temps aren't a problem. I asked dh about July and he's like going on vacation for a run???? Guess I have my work cut out lol

Oh I ran two marathons that we're close to 78 degrees. So the temps aren't a problem. I asked dh about July and he's like going on vacation for a run???? Guess I have my work cut out lol