RA Coaching Forum

Rockenmama's Training for 2007 Fall Marathon'S (Read 1567 times)

Sweet pics, Pam! Awesome looking park and it reminds me of when I lived in PA! Fall is the season I miss most since leaving PA!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

more pictures Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket a crazy fishermen out in the cold and wind Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket The local shooting range for the local police Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket The local running club's club house Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Couple more Here is Kathleen Jobes (Female winner of 2007 Steamtown and a local elite that is also hoping to qualify for the olympics this year) Ya it's a sucky picture, but hey her and her partner we're doing intervals on the access road and I suck at taking pictures lol Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Wow Pam! Beautiful! Just a little hilly, eh? I can see why you like running, and walking, there so much! Looks like you had a nice morning today! Thanks for posting those!
          Thanks Bob!! I wish I had gotten pictures just last week. It was even more beautiful then!

Sweet pics, Pam! Awesome looking park and it reminds me of when I lived in PA! Fall is the season I miss most since leaving PA!
            Thanks Mike!! Somehow I missed that you lived in PA at one time Confused Where did you live? Oh and Fall is my FAVORITE season here!

Well I did it ! Dear Pam Hughes: Congratulations, you're officially registered for the 12th annual New Jersey Marathon (NJM) scheduled for Sunday, May 4, 2008. Got in another nice 5 miler with no hammie pain. However the top of my left foot felt tender after going up one of the smaller hills. I've been purposefully not running up the steeper hills so that I don't agrivate my hamstring. I want a week or two of feeling like it's 100% before I do that. HOWEVER looks like I maybe running a 10k this Sunday. I wasn't planning on doing any speed work for another week or two but running with two other women from RA was something I didn't want to pass up. I'll probably run it conservatively anyways. Oh and I just ordered my first pair of running shoes from Zappo's. We'll see how it works out.

Thanks Mike!! Somehow I missed that you lived in PA at one time Confused Where did you live? Oh and Fall is my FAVORITE season here!
                We lived in Glen Mills for about a year and then lived in West Grove for a couple years. We left sometime in 2001.

Well I did it ! Dear Pam Hughes: Congratulations, you're officially registered for the 12th annual New Jersey Marathon (NJM) scheduled for Sunday, May 4, 2008. Got in another nice 5 miler with no hammie pain. However the top of my left foot felt tender after going up one of the smaller hills. I've been purposefully not running up the steeper hills so that I don't agrivate my hamstring. I want a week or two of feeling like it's 100% before I do that. HOWEVER looks like I maybe running a 10k this Sunday. I wasn't planning on doing any speed work for another week or two but running with two other women from RA was something I didn't want to pass up. I'll probably run it conservatively anyways. Oh and I just ordered my first pair of running shoes from Zappo's. We'll see how it works out.
                  Sweet! I'm still not registered for Cowtown. Waiting on the boss (wife) to approve my running expenditures. She put me on a budget once she figured out how much I spent on races and stuff last year. Wink Good luck at the 10K this weekend - and be careful about that foot! We don't need any more injuries here. Big grin

Sweet! I'm still not registered for Cowtown. Waiting on the boss (wife) to approve my running expenditures. She put me on a budget once she figured out how much I spent on races and stuff last year. Wink Good luck at the 10K this weekend - and be careful about that foot! We don't need any more injuries here. Big grin
                    See that's the sweet part of having dh running it with me Tongue Thanks Mike!! I'm hoping my new shoes get here by Friday. When I wore my Mizuno's for the first time after I got them I felt like I was running on clouds. That would be a nice feeling for Sundays 10k Big grin

We lived in Glen Mills for about a year and then lived in West Grove for a couple years. We left sometime in 2001.
                      ok no clue where those places are. I moved her at the end of 2001 ( not of my own accord either lol)

ok no clue where those places are. I moved her at the end of 2001 ( not of my own accord either lol)
                        SW of Philly - down Route 1 off the Blue Route.

Scout7

SW of Philly - down Route 1 off the Blue Route.
                          I know abouts where you're talking about.
                            I know abouts where you're talking about.
                            Yeah, Glen Mills isn't too far from you. I worked in Eddystone - also close by.

btb1490

Woohoo! Let the countdown begin! Rat's on the foot pain again. Still the same thing as before? Is there anything in your shoe that is causing this to happen? Good luck with your new shoes, and with Zappos. Don't forget, call them back with a lower price that you find elsewhere on the internet, and they will refund the difference plus 10%. What shoes did you get? Finally, have fun with the 10k this weekend. If you were gonna go for a run anyway that day, you might as well do it in the company of your forum friends.
                                Woohoo! Let the countdown begin! Rat's on the foot pain again. Still the same thing as before? Is there anything in your shoe that is causing this to happen? Good luck with your new shoes, and with Zappos. Don't forget, call them back with a lower price that you find elsewhere on the internet, and they will refund the difference plus 10%. What shoes did you get? Finally, have fun with the 10k this weekend. If you were gonna go for a run anyway that day, you might as well do it in the company of your forum friends.
                                Same as before. The shoe's are going on 400 miles, so I'm hoping it's just cause they need to be replaced I won't forget. I've already found a site that sells them for 89.99 (the one that Mike suggested) and I went with my all time favs of Mizuno's. Can't forget how they felt first time I ran in them. Thanks Bob!! That is exactly what my thought process came up with!