RA Coaching Forum

Rockenmama's Training for 2007 Fall Marathon'S (Read 1567 times)

Pam- Enjoy a little down time. I am going through the same thing now as I don't have another race planned and am trying to heal my hamstring before I get back to high mileage. My mind wants to get out there so that is a good thing- but my body is telling me to chill out so that's what I am doing.
    Glad to know I'm not alone!! How's your hammie doing btw??? Knock on wood, mine hasn't made a peep for awhile. I've definetly chilled out on the milage though for some reason I feel much better at a higher milage. Not sure what's going on.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Pam, I'm sure you're on your way to Florida by now. I hope you have/had a safe trip and get some running in shorts in while you are down there!
      Thanks Bob and I did!! It was so weird going out in shorts and tank. I also had to get up at the crack of dawn so that I could get out before it hit in the 80's Shocked I was kind of shocked to come back to rain and not snow or freezing rain. Getting ready to head out for my run. It's overcast, but I think perfect weather for running (well maybe a bit cold). SOOOOOOOOOO glad to be back home!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

So good to be home!!! Nice invigerating run this morning, weather was PERFECT!

Pam - glad to see you back home and running well. Happy to hear the hammy has been quiet! That is definitely good news. So somehow I missed the post - but where in Florida did you go?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Pam - glad to see you back home and running well. Happy to hear the hammy has been quiet! That is definitely good news. So somehow I missed the post - but where in Florida did you go?
            Thanks Mike! I spent 4 days in near Naples Florida.

Oh and I finally joined Marathon Maniacs and I am officially Maniac #734 Evil grin

Sweet. I'm jealous. Last Friday I was going back and forth on whether to switch to the full marathon for that very reason. Oh well. Next year. Cool on Naples. I've spent a lot of time all over Florida but only a day in Naples. Very nice down there.

Glad to know I'm not alone!! How's your hammie doing btw??? Knock on wood, mine hasn't made a peep for awhile. I've definetly chilled out on the milage though for some reason I feel much better at a higher milage. Not sure what's going on.
                  Good to see you back. Hopefully all will stay good with your hamstring and your mileage will creep back up. Mine? I ran for the first time in 1 1/2 weeks and... well, let's just say it wasn't a good run. Hopefully I was just needing to knock a little rust off and tomorrow will be better.
                  http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                    Good to see you back. Hopefully all will stay good with your hamstring and your mileage will creep back up. Mine? I ran for the first time in 1 1/2 weeks and... well, let's just say it wasn't a good run. Hopefully I was just needing to knock a little rust off and tomorrow will be better.
                    Thanks Alan!! Sorry to hear that your run sucked Sad Sure hope tomorrow's will be better!! Good luck Smile

Oh how I wish the weather would just stay like this for the next couple of months! Got in a nice 8 miler this morning. I was suprised at my energy level since I got in a heavy weight workout last night. I've finally added leg workouts back in, though starting off a bit light. I'm slowly easing my milage back up we'll see how it goes over the next few weeks.

Pam - how are things going - especially with the weight workouts? I keep telling myself to go hit the weights once or twice a week - but I don't seem to be able to get out there.

Pam - how are things going - especially with the weight workouts? I keep telling myself to go hit the weights once or twice a week - but I don't seem to be able to get out there.
                          Things are actually going pretty well. Workouts are going great! This will be my first week that I'll have gotten 3 full workouts in. So far my running and working out are going together smoothly. However Mr. Freeze has reared his ugly head. Kids had no school yesterday due to the weather so I wasn't able to get a run in (probably a good thing though) Today the trails were a slick mess, but I enjoyed my run anyways. Nobody was out on the trails. I really enjoyed breathing the crisp air, while listening the the noise my feet made each time they hit the ground. The sun came out about half way through my run which made it really nice. I hadn't planned on doing 8 miles but such is life. Much nicer to run outside on crappy trails when it's beauitul and not below zero with winds at 15-20 MPH (though it's just a matter of time before that happens) Thanks for asking Mike Big grin

btb1490

Things are actually going pretty well. Workouts are going great! This will be my first week that I'll have gotten 3 full workouts in. So far my running and working out are going together smoothly. However Mr. Freeze has reared his ugly head. Kids had no school yesterday due to the weather so I wasn't able to get a run in (probably a good thing though) Today the trails were a slick mess, but I enjoyed my run anyways. Nobody was out on the trails. I really enjoyed breathing the crisp air, while listening the the noise my feet made each time they hit the ground. The sun came out about half way through my run which made it really nice. I hadn't planned on doing 8 miles but such is life. Much nicer to run outside on crappy trails when it's beauitul and not below zero with winds at 15-20 MPH (though it's just a matter of time before that happens) Thanks for asking Mike Big grin
                            Don't you love that skish, skish, skish noise your feet make as you run through the snow? You're doing great with your maintenance running Pam! Not too much, not too little, juuuuuust right!
                              Don't you love that skish, skish, skish noise your feet make as you run through the snow? You're doing great with your maintenance running Pam! Not too much, not too little, juuuuuust right!
                              If it's not super windy, I really enjoy running in the winter time. It can be quite challenging though. Thanks Bob! I really am trying to be smart with my maintenance running.

another morning of freezing rain. I may or may not get out for a run later this afternoon. It's supposed to warm up a bit so if the roads aren't to slippery I may go out for just a few miles around the neighborhood. Climatizing to the weather is always something I need to work on.