RA Coaching Forum

Rockenmama's Ultra Marathon training journal (Read 757 times)

Sounds like this training stuff is really paying off for you Pam! Good to see you reaping the benefits of all your hard work! Nice picture of you stuffing your face! Tongue
    Thanks Bob!! LOL I'm going to be doing ALOT more stuffing my face.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Whoa Pam, heck of a day of running you had yesterday! Awesome! Have a great weekend!
      Thanks Bob!!! You have a great weekend as well!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Well I'm ALIVE & WELL suprisingly after my first 4 hour and 3 hour back to back runs. Today's run suprised me! I didn't expect to feel as good as I did during AND after the run, hope next weeks back to back long runs feel as good. I had 2 gels and part of a banana during my run. Here's today's mile splits from my 19.3 mile run 1 9:43 1.00 8.3 133 2 9:27 1.00 7.6 135 3 9:27 1.00 7.4 135 4 9:22 1.00 8.3 135 5 9:32 1.00 7.4 136 6 9:26 1.00 9.4 133 7 9:25 1.00 8.5 136 8 9:25 1.00 8.5 137 9 9:20 1.00 8.5 136 10 9:39 1.00 7.4 136 11 9:32 1.00 9.2 133 12 9:26 1.00 8.5 135 13 9:22 1.00 8.7 136 14 9:12 1.00 8.3 135 15 9:07 1.00 8.3 135 16 9:05 1.00 8.3 133 17 9:12 1.00 8.5 132 18 9:11 1.00 7.6 134 19 8:42 1.00 7.8 134 20 2:24 0.30 8.5 37

Well, week 5 DONE!! Monday-10.5 miles 7x1 TMP intervals Tuesday-easy 5.25 Wed OFF Thursday-24 miles Friday-19.3 miles Saturday OFF Sunday 8 miles Now for this week. Pretty much the same schedule though today's run I did what was ACTUALLY scheduled. So Mon-9.25 miles with 6x1 miles at TMP Tues OFF Wed-4 hours Thursday-3 hours Friday-Off Saturday 9 miles Sunday-5 miles Course I'll be out of town for the weekend so we'll see if I stick to schedule.

Good run this morning despite the heat! I may have to get my TMP intervals done on the weekend. I can deal with long runs with heat cause I'll have water, however I have yet to try and carry water during my interval days. I had "planned" on doing my intervals around an 8:20 pace since I'm going to be running 4 hours come Wed, however like usual, I didn't stick to it. I had a HUGE breakfast after my run and am now paying dearly for it. My stomach hurts sooooooooooo bad. Not sure if it was all the whole wheat pancakes I ate or the 4 pieces of sausage Confused

Future running partner.

Wow, Shocked, you are putting some serious time on your feet. Good work keeping it up over the holiday weekend. I found that the hardest obstacles for me to overcome in running can be holidays and vacations. I've missed a couple days in a row myself. Your dedication is admirable, keep it going. I see you being very successful at the rate you are going.
                Wow, Shocked, you are putting some serious time on your feet. Good work keeping it up over the holiday weekend. I found that the hardest obstacles for me to overcome in running can be holidays and vacations. I've missed a couple days in a row myself. Your dedication is admirable, keep it going. I see you being very successful at the rate you are going.
                Thanks Tom!! I actually did my long runs BEFORE the weekend due which actually worked out really great. I'm getting ready to go out of town so we'll see how it effects my running.

Well 4 hours (26.2 miles) DONE!!!! I'm feeling better during the run and after than I did last Thursday so we'll see how tomorrow goes. I know I probably should have ran much slower however whenever I run with dh I tend to run faster than planned (ran first 10.5 with him) Too bad I didn't feel this good during my last marathon! Such is life.

btb1490

You ran a sub-4 marathon as a training run? Pam!!!! Shocked All I can say is holy crap! That's awesome! Good luck tomorrow, whatever it is that you have planned. Something crazy, I'm sure....
                      You ran a sub-4 marathon as a training run? Pam!!!! Shocked All I can say is holy crap! That's awesome! Good luck tomorrow, whatever it is that you have planned. Something crazy, I'm sure....
                      I wasn't planning on it I swear! I have a 3 hour run scheduled for tomorrow. Last week it was 19.3 miles. Not sure how far it will be tomorrow. BTW it's thanks to this plan http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-244--7556-3-2X3X4-4,00.html that I'm doing what I'm doing. Where's my white coat??

btb1490

I like the caption of that training plan... You don't have to be crazy to run an ultramarathon. You just have to be ready. Well I'd say you will be ready! I also like the last 3 days of the plan... Rest: Stay off your feet 50-mile race Rest. (Duh.) Good luck Pam!

Future running partner.

Which week are you on?
                            I BONKED!!! OMG did I ever. I was however smart enough to not continue run after reaching car and having last gel. Ended up going to a local tavern with dh for lunch. I'm still feeling weak and I have a tummy ache from eating so much so fast. Need to eat more if I'm going to be running over 100 miles in 8 days. Lesson learned. Will save the next two back to back long runs for NEXT weekend!!

Which week are you on?
                              6 I think lol

I like the caption of that training plan... You don't have to be crazy to run an ultramarathon. You just have to be ready. Well I'd say you will be ready! I also like the last 3 days of the plan... Rest: Stay off your feet 50-mile race Rest. (Duh.) Good luck Pam!
                                Love the caption as well as the last 3 days of plan (well minus the 50 miles lol) Thanks Bob!!!