RA Coaching Forum

Rockenmama's Ultra Marathon training journal (Read 757 times)

btb1490

Hey Pam, just checking in to see how you are feeling after your crazy double last week. I hope you are stuffing your face like your avatar shows, you'll need all the calories you can get!
      Hey Pam, just checking in to see how you are feeling after your crazy double last week. I hope you are stuffing your face like your avatar shows, you'll need all the calories you can get!
      Hey Bob! I'm in Florida with my son at his collage orientation. Been trying to stuff my face, but traveling is always hard on me. Hope all is well with you!!! Gotta run, next session is starting

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Well this is turning into quite the "light" week. Didn't get back to ex's place until close to midnight on Wed so I blew off Thursday mornings run and Friday was hectic due to flying out. Yesterday I got sick after my morning coffee and even though I still got out to run, due to how I was feeling as well as the fact that I was wearing "dead" shoes I stopped running at 13 miles. Made sure to get new shoes last night however going to bed late and getting up at 5 am was NOT the right thing to do to try and get my 2.5 hour run in (decided to do next weeks cut down week this week and do this week's schedule next week) Got 7 miles in and will head out tonight between 6-7 pm to try again. Not sleeping and eating right this past week has really had an impact on me as well as the heat. Hopefully things will be returning to normal ASAP. MTA: I should have known that I'm not fully carbed right as well as hydrated well enough when I stepped on scale and am down 2lbs from before my trip. Ate out for most of my meals and had lots of junk that I normally don't eat. Thought I drank tons of water but considering all that I ate, the "time" of the month it is, I should have been at least a couple lbs heavier then when I left.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hope you feel better soon.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Hope you feel better soon.
            Thanks Blaine!!

Well last nights run was polar opposite of the mornings run. If I hadn't ran out of sunlight or at least had a headlamp with me I would have kept running. Must be the old age that's getting to me during my super early morning runs Wink So I ended the week only 2 miles short of what my cutback week should have been. Lets hope this week goes well and I'm able recover the weekly plan that I was to do last week, this week.

Pam - you are rocking! Don't stress out too much about trying to "catch up". Glad you had a good trip and are back home safe and sound.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Wingz

Professional Noob

Must be the old age that's getting to me during my super early morning runs Wink
                  *SNORTS!* I hear old people get up early in the morning anyway... Evil grin Hope your week goes well!

Roads were made for journeys...

btb1490

Pam, heck of a weekend of running you had, and a great week too! Very impressive, especially with the hot weather we've been having. Be careful out there please. How are you feeling today?
                      Pam, heck of a weekend of running you had, and a great week too! Very impressive, especially with the hot weather we've been having. Be careful out there please. How are you feeling today?
                      Definitely some good running going on there Pam! And Bob! Good to see you. Looks like your running is going well these days. Don't see around much anymore. Do you not hang out on RA much these days?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

*SNORTS!* I hear old people get up early in the morning anyway... Evil grin Hope your week goes well!
                        Not this "old" person lol Thanks Janelle Smile

Thanks Bob!! I've been trying to be extra carefull with the heat. I've still got to work a bit harder on slowing my long runs down. I've gotta get closer to 10 minute miles if I'm going to get in 5 hour and 4 hour back to backs without killing the legs. I actually felt really good yesterday. Kids are out of school and don't start camp until next week so I'm going to be doing some evening running this week. Thanks for checking in on me Bob!!! Don't be such a stranger hun!

Definitely some good running going on there Pam! And Bob! Good to see you. Looks like your running is going well these days. Don't see around much anymore. Do you not hang out on RA much these days?
                            Thanks Mike! I saw that too. Glad to see that Bob!! Hope to see some of those latest pictures that you took on your runs!!

Thanks Mike! I saw that too. Glad to see that Bob!! Hope to see some of those latest pictures that you took on your runs!!

So this past week was a good running week. I managed to get all scheduled runs completed. I did cut the last run a tiny bit short, but as dehydrated as I was feeling it was the smart thing to do. I've decided with the heat that I am no longer going to be the intervals (that is unless it cools down to 60's). With my back to back long runs getting longer, I need to try and keep the rest as easy as possible. I also need to work on slowing down my pace during my long runs to more around 10 minute average pace. My legs are definitely feeling the accumulative effects from the past 7 or so weeks of training. In 4 weeks I'll be on to 4 hour and 5 hour back to back runs. Talk about scary! This weeks schedule Tuesday=9 Wed=5 Thurs=9 Friday=off Sat=4 hours Sun=3.5 hours