RA Coaching Forum

RunChic's HM Training (Read 662 times)

muse_runner

keep running.

Hey Girl! Good morning... Not such a good night sleep for me last night. The fiancee is gone on a trip so I am totally not used to sleeping alone. Imagine your queen sized bed normally filled with you + a 6'8'' 225 pound guy. Now that's gone. It feels soooo empty. I do love the quiet though. I'll be getting a ton of work done through the week. Smile How is your degree coming along? Mine is "eh." I was just sat down and informed I'm rushing my degree too much. Roll eyes That fueled enough anger and frustration... No Anyhow thanks for popping into my journal. Just thought I'd say hello to a fellow grad student!
    running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.

madness baby

Hey girl, thanks for the message. I haven't been on this board as much lately. Just lots going on and not enough running as I'd like. I just got back from a conference in San Diego, the last highlight to my year. Oh and I defended! And passed! Then I graduated a couple of days later. My goal is to file my dissn this week, or very early next week so I can actually feel completely done. I hear you get the blues after completing it (kind of like after the marathon?!), so I'm going to try to be good about running and picking up some other hobbies to fight that. So much training and now it's just done. . .? And I am definitely not any smarter? WTF?! I hope you have a good week with the big guy gone. Let me know if you need some shopping therapy. How far are you away from me? I'll be your biggest fan for you to finish your degree. Rush it if you need to, girl! Wink
      deb
      muse_runner

keep running.

Hey D! Oh man... you filed your dissert. I am sooooo in awe. Okay you just motivated me SO much. I have a lot of work to do so I may as well get on it now! Smile Congratulations girl! I'm SO happy for you!! woooo hoooo don't get the blues. they put you through hell. It should feel like you finally got what you deserve! Smile now what? a job? Confused
        running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.

madness baby

Jen, I've got a teaching job in the fall. It's a one-year position (not tenure track), which is fine with me so I have some time to figure thigns out. Where hubs and I want to live, etc. Doing some consulting with families till then and creating some syllabi and writing lectures. Hope to get some beach time in. Running. . . not going so well. I'm not training for anything and I can tell. I was proud of myself to get a 5-mile run in after stepping off a red-eye to Boston this past weekend. That felt great, but now I'm going to aim for 20 miles/week for a few weeks and see how that goes. I just haven't been making the time to run lately. I seriously need someone to get on to me!
          deb

Prophet!

how is it goin ?

madness baby

Hey Steve- thanks for checking in. I haven't been here in a while. Wow, this thread feels like years ago, just reading through it again. I can't believe that was only 6 months ago. I'm not doing much running at the moment due to work stuff and moving across town, but I'll get back into it regularly. I'm trying to do it without a gym membership and now that I live in a really hilly neighborhood Roll eyes. I'll send you an email at some point soon Smile
              deb

Prophet!

so where you end up moving to ? SoCal ? I was just down in Sunset Beach last week. Ran only twice along the bike path. It was cold. At least we missed most of the rain, it rained on our last day there which happened to be our disneyland trip day... at least the lines weren't long Smile