RA Coaching Forum

Well figured (Read 206 times)

I may as well join. After my HM on Sunday I will be starting speed work (800's) and hill work. I've heard there are some real knowledgable runners here with great advice. Can't wait to start the "real" work!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

muse_runner

keep running.

Mam, I know that you're REALLY super fit but I would just advise taking a week off after the race until the speedwork. OR at least waiting until the following thursday or friday to do any speedwork. You'll be surprised at how your pacing and training load will change with lots of speedwork in your week. Maybe not though. I'm curious to see how it goes for you! For me it's been a little Black eye so... I am ready to move onto the next cycle of my training-- though... that's not for another month still! Enjoy the track. Definitely cures montony! Smile -J
      running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
        lol Muse. I have a 10 mile race on May 6th and THEN I'm taking a week off (well nothing but short easy runs) Definetly won't start hills or speedwork until AT LEAST two weeks after the HM.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

muse_runner

keep running.

Oh well you're smart. Good! can't wait to see how you do. you'll totally inspire me. i just know it! Smile
          running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
            So am I lol. It will be interesting to see if my weights get pushed to back burner. Not sure I can handle working out 3-4 days a week, 2 days of hard runs and 2-4 days of easy running.

muse_runner

keep running.

Mam, yeah uhm... I defintely don't do ANY weights and I am getting ripped from the track. I have arm muscles and leg muscles to boot! Oddly, abs too. I have excess quad and calf muscle for sale, interested? (haha) But seriously the track... I think it offers a pretty damn high aneorbic load. See how you feel. You may be able to handle more than me 'cause you are much more fit and obviously have a lot more muscle to take the stress of the workouts than I do. BTW: I LOVE how you pace your runs. You run really super smart. Smile I have faith in your 1/2 marathon race! Smile -J