RA Coaching Forum

Muse Runner's Marathon Madness (Read 725 times)

muse_runner

keep running.

Feeling awesome. Ran 18 miles in 2:44 today. awwww yeah. this damn program always works good on me. Smile gonna put down 2 miles or 3 miles recovery tomorrow to get me closer to 50 miles for the week. next week is my recovery week and race. then i hit the next mesocycle of training. i know what's coming and it's the freakin monkey wrench in my back!!! ugh i ate too much crap for dinner. i'd rather have had a smaller dinner with more low-fat dessert. now i'm full of boston market chicken and biscuits and meatloaf... i woulda rather had fro-yo! oh well...
    running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
    btb1490

Glad to hear things are going well! Good luck with your race this weekend, let us know how it goes!
        NICE long run!! Enjoy your recovery week and GOOD LUCK this weekend!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes! Though we already know your going to kick butt!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

muse_runner

keep running.

I don't feel like butt-kicking material! I don't feel sluggish but I just don't know if I have the leg speed to be honest. We'll see!!! I kind of like these times where I don't put all of my mojo on the line. I like the idea of mentally not knowing if/whether I am trained. I would LOVE to run a race like I did during my last PR half-marathon. I'm due for a good race though. My last race was in blistering hot heat and was just gruesome. I'm reconsidering the BQ actually. If I don't hit a certain time this weekend (at least within a certain window) I'm going to leave the BQ goal for sometime in the near future. I am all about doing something smart rather than being disappointed! I chatted with my coach about it and he says sure it could happen where I am a little shy of the BQ. I was glad to hear that because I know my thoughts are realistic. I am fine with it. We'll see how it goes. Regardless I am happy for the weekend outing with my fiancee at the beach!!!!!!!!!! whoooooo hooooo
          running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.

madness baby

good luck this weekend! enjoy the OC girlfriend! Big grin
            deb
              Soooooooooooooo how did your HM go? UPDATE UPDATE!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prophet!

how is it goin muse ?

madness baby

how is it goin muse ?
                  Muse, how are you???! We haven't heard much from you lately - Just hope your running is going well. And, your dissertation. We'll have to get together to celebrate soon! Smile
                  deb