RA Coaching Forum

Scout's Training Journal (Read 697 times)

Scout7

1/7/08 Another easy four. Didn't run over the weekend, stuff got in the way. But I'm OK with that right now. I'm trying to get the whole, "I don't NEED to run to feel satisfied" point. So, progress on that front. I might try doubling up tomorrow, just to see how the legs are feeling. So far, easy year, but I have a feeling things will change before too much longer.
      1/7/08 Another easy four. Didn't run over the weekend, stuff got in the way. But I'm OK with that right now. I'm trying to get the whole, "I don't NEED to run to feel satisfied" point. So, progress on that front. I might try doubling up tomorrow, just to see how the legs are feeling. So far, easy year, but I have a feeling things will change before too much longer.
      I could put this exact post word for word in my blog except for the doubling up part.
      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
      Scout7

I like to make my wisdom for the masses.
        Scout7

So, I got home last night, and the weather was still nice, so I decided "What the hell," and went out for another run. 4.16, 33:59. Pushed it a little more on this one, but it was still pretty good. My primary concern is the legs right now, because I'm pretty sure the head is back to where it should be.
          Scout7

1/8/08 Did right around 3 (ok, just under, but what the hell). I could have (and maybe should have) done more, but I was starting to get that hungry feeling, so I called it a day. I did 8 total yesterday, so I don't feel too bad. I'll do more tomorrow. I did run with a coworker, different than usual. Hence the slower pace and shorter distance. I try not to break them too early on.
              Hmmm....well, I think the quality may be somewhat degraded, obviously, but overall, I think you'll still do alright.
              Cool. The wool is organic - so maybe that will help a little, too. Big grin Scout - sounds like the mojo is coming back. Good news!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Scout7

1/9/08 (Yeah, I ran last night, and I'm posting it the next morning....Sue me) MAF be damned, I ran hard last night, just because I felt like it. 6.23 in 46:20. And it felt good. Well, it sorta hurt, but in a good way.
                Scout7

1/10/08 Nice easier 4 at lunch. Feeling last night a little in the legs. Little sore, little stiff, but it all went away soon enough. I have lost some fitness, but that's alright, it'll come back. I'm not sweating the pace right now, which is kinda hard for me at times, but hey, I'm learning to let that go. The weather was great. If I were in better shape, I'd be itching for a race on a day like this: cool, no wind, slightly overcast. Friggin' beautiful. PERFECT race weather. Oh, well.
                  Scout7

1/11/08 Awesome day. It was rainy, windy, and kinda cold, but not too cold (shoulda worn gloves, though). I definitely "felt the Kung Fu". I just ran within myself, nice and relaxed, except on some of those hills. Damn those hills, they are relentless at times.... I digress. Easy 6.3 today. I actually started smiling and giggling when the rain really opened up. It was like fall out there, not winter. It was just....great.
                      Nice kung-fu running there, Scout. You gotta love weather like that.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Scout7

Yeah, it was pretty great. The worse it is sometimes, the better the run.
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yeah, it was pretty great. The worse it is sometimes, the better the run.
                          I totally agree. When the rain starts coming down, I start hearing "Ride of the Valkyries" in my head and start pushing the tempo, whether it was part of my plan or not.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

I totally agree. When the rain starts coming down, I start hearing "Ride of the Valkyries" in my head and start pushing the tempo, whether it was part of my plan or not.
                            Thank the gods I'm not the only one! Yeah, I was planning on doing closer to 8:30, but hey, I'll take it. It felt good.
                            Scout7

01/12/08 Longest run in a while. Weather was great, but I think I should've worn a long-sleeve instead of short. No matter. Hilly course, with about 2 miles of it on the trail around Haverford's campus. Pace felt relatively decent, a little bit of a push, but nothing too severe.
                              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Your December didn't look much better than mine, but it looks like you had a really solid week. Smile

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.