RA Coaching Forum

Scout's Training Journal (Read 697 times)

Felt good to push the pace, or felt good to ditch the coworker?
    Knowing Scout, I'd say both.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Scout7

Knowing Scout, I'd say both.
      Yeah, that's accurate.
      Scout7

1/23/08 8 miles. I just ran, and it ended up being a good clip. Should I have run slower? Eh. I don't think one run at a good effort like this is going to destroy my aerobic base or whatever. Call it a tempo or whatever the hell you want. At least the pacing was fairly consistent (around 7:30). I had originally wanted to do this in the morning, before work, but I was tired. Class till 2100 means no dinner until 2145, which means I don't get to bed and fall asleep until later. Stupid Organizational Behavior....
        Scout7

1/24/08 Similar to Tuesday. Same route, but I didn't push as much on the last 3. Mostly because I felt comfortable at today's pace. So far, no real lingering aches or pains.
          Scout7

Friday, I had to run after work, because we had a phone conference at work. So, I managed to get in an easy 6 after getting home. Saturday, I snuck out for an easy 8. I wasn't real sure as to how far I wanted to go, and ended up doing 8. I've got a nice little loop around the neighborhood that's a good basis for some of these shorter runs. Has some tough hills. Sunday, I started late because I had to do some stuff around the house first. It was chilly, but not too bad. Did two laps around Haverford's campus (nice mixed trail, always people out, fun to do). Started to slow in the last 2 miles, but I think that's due more to the terrain (steep hills). Finished and felt stiff and sore, but otherwise felt pretty good.
            Scout7

1/28/08 Almost a recovery run. A little over 6 easy miles, to get out and stretch the legs.
              Scout7

1/29/08 Easy 7 today. Had intended on getting up early and running then, but the left knee had a twinge, so I figure I can wait another week.
                Scout7

1/30/08 Meh. Left thigh felt stiff, and sore. Left ankle and achilles were acting weird in the first mile or so. So I went short and easy.
                  Scout7

1/31/08 My legs are acting up. Left knee was sore off and on, and so was my right calf. I don't think it's anything too serious yet, but I want to take care of it all the same. Run-wise, it was relatively easy.
                    btb1490

Zero to 55 miles in 4 weeks may have been a bit much? Hopefully if you don't try to push through it you'll be good to go again in a few days.
                      Scout7

Zero to 55 miles in 4 weeks may have been a bit much? Hopefully if you don't try to push through it you'll be good to go again in a few days.
                        Eh, I think it's from sitting in weird positions. I have class two nights a week, which requires me to sit for a good three hours and listen to lecture. It's damned uncomfortable. I need to start stretching during class again.
                        Scout7

2/1/08 Yeah... I went harder than I should have, but it was cold, and raining, and I had the urge. I pushed the last two miles.
                          Scout7

2/4/08 Nice run to sort of recover from yesterday. Yesterday went well. Felt good, and I could've kept going, but decided not to push my luck with things, so I did the 15 I had planned and called it a day.
                            Scout7

02/05/08 Easy 7. First race of the year might be in March. Spring trail race series that I did last year, and would like to do again this year. I'm considering doing Frederick in May (mary), but that sort of depends on a number of factors (most notably being time, money, and the wife).
                              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

(most notably being time, money, and the wife).
                                Yeah, if it weren't spouses and families and real jobs, we'd all be much faster runners... Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.