RA Coaching Forum

Muse Runner's 10k Training Log (Read 1627 times)

muse_runner

keep running.

Thanks Surf N' Run... how nice of you Smile
    running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.

Prophet!

Thanks Surf N' Run... how nice of you Smile
      one must recognize good kung-fu style when one sees one Smile . BTW, when is your 10K race ?
      mikeymike

Nice Muse. How'd the 1200's go? Now you probably need some nice slow easy runs without any really big hills.

Runners run

muse_runner

keep running.

Mikey--Hey man, what's up? BTW how old is Courtney? My friend Lesley is 31. How weird would that be if they were the same age too? I am pooped and my appetite is rocketeering out the roof. Went out to eat and my non-runner girl friends had to doggie box their food. I was scraping my plate clean + I went to Golden Spoon for a big fat frozen yogurt. Brought some home for me and my fiancee. I ordered a 10 oz yogurt, ate it all, ordered a 6 oz for my fiancee and he couldn't finish his. I could eat some popcorn now but I'll refrain I suppose. I'm trying to remember Ultra Steve's wise quotation... Smile 1200's went good. I accidentally deleted a bunch of workouts when I was testing out the log to make sure I was accurate for my YTD distance. I hit delete and it automatically deleted today's workout. I'll have to fix that. I'll update it tomorrow. I was up at 4:45am, went to work, went to dinner, drove an hour home. Mikey I need to visit your log buddy. Keep on inspiring me man Big grin zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz pregnant with injury hehe i like that one. BTW my master's thesis was officially bound in the library at school today. HALLE-FU**IN-LUJEAYH!!!! Smile Surf and Run-- Kung Fu style!! Waaaaahhhh!! Wink
          running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
          muse_runner

keep running.

Surf N Run, what's yer name? I'm Jen... My 10k is... sigh.... May 6th problem is that I have a research conference in Vancouver to attend that weekend. I fly home Sat and then wake up early the next morning to drive an hour south to the race. Crazy me huh? 5k is really soon...eeeekkkk I don't wanna talk about it 'cause if I do bad then I REALLY have to talk about it... Embarrassed

madness baby

Congrats on the masters thesis being bound. That's so fun. Well, kinda dorky, but that's okay. Wink I'm in the same place. My dissertation is nearly done and I'm losing my mind to be finished soon. Girl, you got the running in the bag, don't worry about it.
              deb

Prophet!

heh...i never did bound my master's thesis (i finished that thing 5 years ago)...and now somebody is emailing me asking for a copy, i'm scrambling trying to find the files Wink . Need to finish my dissertation by June/July and i'm only about 60% done...i'm so sick of that thing. i miss going to conferences...i used to get paid to go to San Francisco for a "conference", one day of poster presentation, 5 days of drunkenness...geology = beers... peace out and aloha, Steve
                muse_runner

keep running.

Good morning fellow grad students and runners! Smile What are you two getting your degrees in (I see geology for Surf N Run)? I had to switch advisors mid program due to... being totally ignored Sad and left so totally alone that I had no choice but to switch in order to graduate some time in the next century. I should be done with my dissertation by August. I start data collection in 2 weeks. Smile YAHOO!!!!! Much better than what I was dealing with for my master's thesis.
                  Scout7

I don't think I have to do a thesis. Lucky me. Does that not make me a real grad student?
                    muse_runner

keep running.

Scout what's your degree in progress? I have to do a thesis + a dissertation. Double whammy! It's required at my school. I like it 'cause it makes my vitae look better... (mumbling... with my lack of publications and such)
                      Scout7

Currently in a MS in Information Science, and will probably be adding an MBA as well to the mix.
                        muse_runner

keep running.

Cool!!!! I looked into that for a while. They have a good program at Unviersity of Michigan right? You're gonna make loot when you graduate. I want yer job! Smile
                          Scout7

Going to Penn State. I work full-time, take classes in the evening. My job is interesting. I make enough to be happy with. I'm generally not much for money. I like a challenge more than anything.

Prophet!

Good morning fellow grad students and runners! Smile What are you two getting your degrees in (I see geology for Surf N Run)? I had to switch advisors mid program due to... being totally ignored Sad and left so totally alone that I had no choice but to switch in order to graduate some time in the next century. I should be done with my dissertation by August. I start data collection in 2 weeks. Smile YAHOO!!!!! Much better than what I was dealing with for my master's thesis.
                              i'm getting totally ignored for the past 5 years as well, should have finished last year but spent a year and a half being a stay at home dad, trying to work on dissertation while hanging out with baby didn't mix..i'd rather hang out with the boy...even today i can't do the extra hours that grad students do because i'd rather play with the boy...anyway, off for a run..
                              muse_runner

keep running.

Awwww ((((((hugs))))) surf n run. man, we totally need to vent together more often. I am like you. I run to release the stress. Imagine me, I have not been advanced to candidacy (technically) though my advisor says it's good (my comps) BUT he hasn't signed off for my comps (the technical bullshit). I turned it in almost 7 weeks ago (I have written comps). Come on man is what I am thinking about him... like I pay you ooodles of fucking money to train me and you have ignored me for the past 2 years. And, while I do research (that I am paid for) at another lab to get more experience on the viate, I haven't heard a peep from him in 7 weeks. Nothing. I wonder what he thinks I do with my time. he never has asked me. Sad I have to badger HIM to get a response as to whether I passed my comps. Then I go on the track and GRRRRRRRR!!!!! you know? I think I can come up with a decent 5k goal. again... like my log... i am embarassed to post about my future goal time. I am not that fast Sad