RA Coaching Forum

Muse Runner's 10k Training Log (Read 1627 times)

madness baby

YAYAYAYAY! That is awesome! I hope you're out there celebrating tonight Big grin
    deb
    muse_runner

keep running.

Yes I am celebrating tonight. Din din with the man + drinks. That always seems to fuel my long runs nicely. I think I'll be running 14 miles this weekend as part of my celebration. Smile
      running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
      muse_runner

keep running.

Just looked at training log last year. CRAP. I am soooo slow on my 800's. what's up with that? my 800's last year were 3:24-3:27 oh gosh i am gonna have to woop my own ass in gear. oh well... steady wins the race! i should see where i started out rather than where i ended up. i has been a whole year without track, afterall... phew okay.... so I went from high 3:40's to quickly high 3:30's... then down to high 3:20's i am at 3:30 now (i think) so there is an improvement in my baseline! Smile here's to more succesful 800's in about 10 weeks (week of the race i do them as my workout again). aacccckkkk Smile
        running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
        muse_runner

keep running.

Bad bad bad baaaad day today. Tired. Me tired. Me legs need rest. My legs will remain elevated until further notice. Yay. Doing homework with the feet up. Smile Right when I was within 3 miles of the pace bunny too. If I were stupid I'd run 7 miles tomorrow and be hanging out with the PB, but instead I am smart and going to let him always be ahead of me and claim my stake in the #20 position.
          mikeymike

Don't sweat the 800s so much...you want to be faster at 5k/10k than last year, not faster at a bunch of 800's. On the other hand, you're a bit worn out (probably from work/school as much as running) and giving your legs a rest sounds like a good idea. Have a good rest day!

Runners run

madness baby

Yes, be smart, take the rest! I'm glad you got to celebrate with yo' man! Smile
              deb
              muse_runner

keep running.

I'm addicted. Sad So I'm totally addicted to running. I want to go for a jog! I know it's best to rest and keep my legs fresh for this upcoming week. But I could see myself rearranging the schedule to have my rest period occur closer to the race. Oh what to do. I'll probably go out for a 2 miler. I don't think I'm a rest kind of girl anymore. I think rest for me is wogging. Shocked I wish I knew why this happens. I think it's GOT to be the endorphins. Thanks for the reply Mikey. I am trying to proceed with caution, given my school situation (which is calming down now, yay!) and the fact that the last time I took a day off was a while ago. Smile

madness baby

Wow, your log is crazy! It has been a really long time since you've rested. My knees would be killing. But, if you've got to get out there. . . just take it slow. Smile And hey, what's the cowbell reference?
                  deb
                  muse_runner

keep running.

Yeah I just wogged today. After 2 miles I figured, enough is enough. I'm feeling bulky which is a sign that my muscles are shot. I think of the SNL skit where they are blue oyster cult "we need more cowbell"! It's pretty funny to me, but my fiancee thinks it's hysterical. During my first marathon people had the cowbells out and the clanking sound gives you the chills 'cause you hear that kind of thing in a lot of racing events. So it's like mojo-- the cowbell-- that is Smile Time to eat and keep my feet elevated Smile

madness baby

So now I know how I can put my cowbell to use! I've got an old one from mississippi state games and it hasn't been to a bowl game in a while. . . Wink Glad you got a little "rest" in!
                      deb

madness baby

erased. that was definitely not brilliant enough to be posted twice.
                        deb
                        muse_runner

keep running.

Well, Deb, worry not. My post was horridly written. Grammar was embarassing. That's what you get for attempting to post while your fiancee is distracting you. wow I am tired. It's like one of those things where when you get a taste of what rest feels like you just want MORE of it. I will probably go to bed in 30 min or less... night night!
                          muse_runner

keep running.

I want to rest more today. My muscles are telling me they want more. Not sure what to do. I'll have to play with the schedule. My goal for the week is to just jog on flat areas. No more hills for a while. I can feel that I need some recovery but I'm going to push through this until a few days before the race and then just totally mellow out for a while. I need to recover. I hate even saying this but I have zero faith in my short distance ability. I suck. Argh I need confidence.

Wasatch Speedgoat

Like I said....pregnant with injury. Be careful out there! I tried to warn you last week!! Steve

Life is short, play hard!

muse_runner

keep running.

Okay Steve, tomorrow I have speedwork scheduled. Should I just power walk tomorrow? What should I do? I'm game for cross training. I don't like no exercise though. I have things to sweat out!