RA Running Game 2021

Game Engagement: Please read and reply!! (Read 84 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Can’t agree more. It’s all about feeling like you really are on a team.  When you keep in touch you know when to step up. The 2016 team was amazing in keeping in touch.

*fist-bump*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

John, Zoom and Dave have all been on my team in previous years. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Great teams, too!! I think John and I have been on a team together 3x. I think this is only my 5th year in the game (I missed one year while I was spending more time in the cancer center than on the roads), so that's pretty good odds!

~ Sarah Kay

TammyinGP

I'll ditto, tritto, the comments about chatty teams doing better overall in the standings.  I think that was key with our Modi-5 team a few years back. We chatted up a storm, except for maybe a couple people who were relatively silent, but still hit their goal miles consistently. I think because we were so communicative, we did feel a sense of obligation to the team to do our part and if someone knew they wouldn't hit their green, others were willing to run a few xtra to help make up for that. So, the team spirit, camaraderie and motivation is a key factor in overall game success in my opinion.

But as someone else mentioned, because of the lack of in person racing, the game has certainly kept me motivated to work towards my own personal running goals.

Tammy

DavePNW

Twice...one championship team and one cellar-dweller. 

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Here's another symptom of the issue:  of all the people involved in the game, team or individual, only 9 individuals have posted to this thread.  Just too much apathy?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Here's another symptom of the issue:  of all the people involved in the game, team or individual, only 9 individuals have posted to this thread.  Just too much apathy?

Maybe.  People seem to be spending time on what they think is important. If the game is smaller but most are involved and having a good running year because of it I can live with that.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Our team participation in the team forum is non existent. For the most part it's just myself and co captain.  We've kept weekly threads going but... crickets. Not sure what the answer is.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Marky_Mark_17

My team has a pretty chatty forum and I enjoy getting involved when I can.  I'm probably one of the less frequent contributors but that's just a reflection on available time on my part rather than anything else.

We had a good run here in New Zealand but it's been back into lockdowns the last few weeks which has taken out most of the national championship schedule in Sept and probably early Oct.  That's been frustrating but one upside has been that I've been able to contribute more mileage to the team goal the last few weeks.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Runway5 / National 5k Champs, 16:22, National Masters AG Champ!

Up next: Still working on that...

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

Christrickery

And meeeeeeeeee. Don’t forget about me. ;-)

Pain is my friend

I have been out running rain or shine for years before I found the game about 5 years ago. The game doesn't make me run harder or more miles. I am here to hear others stories, failures, success, to see others accomplish goals and give my small bit of wisdom. We can all learn something from one another, even us that have been running for 30 years.

Yes there are groups or individuals that don't chat much. That's fine with me I will post and share my love for the mountains.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yes, Chris and Krash too. Smile

It's hard when it's crickets for sure. I struggle with that.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's fine with me I will post and share my love for the mountains.

I'm here for your photos!

~ Sarah Kay

DavePNW

I'm here for your photos!

We were on the same team last year so I got to see a ton of them! We are now connected on Strava so I don’t miss out. 

Dave

catwhoorg

Labrat

I'm on the individuals as I knew this year was going to be super erratic, and indeed it has been.

One day things will turn round.

I am not racing due to covid, and that of course affects motivation, but really its just life has been extra busy. (at least partly due to covid issues)

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18